on 23 June 2013
This is my first ever blender so it's difficult to compare to others. However, this one has easily dealt with everything I've thrown at it.
The blender feel like it's made of real quality. It's SO easy to clean, we always clean it under hot water after every use (we use it everyday), and it takes no more than 1 minute to completely clean.

The blender has 4 different modes:
1) You just twist the dial and it varies the speed to your choice.
2) Ice crush - this pulses the blades on and off every second or so until you either switch it off or it will time out after a specified time (maybe 30 sec).
3) Smoothie maker - This starts slowly and gradually increases the speed of the blades up to it's maximum and will time out after 60 seconds.
4) Pulsed mode - This will run continuously for as long as you hold the button. As soon as you let go, it will stop. Apparently this can also be used for cleaning when filled with water but I find it much quicker to rinse it under the hot tap.

The blender has blend everything I've thrown at it into tiny tiny tiny bits that make a smooth drink every time. I love the ice crush function and the smoothie maker function, as I tend to use these the most. It does come with a spatula to push things down, while it's running I presume. The spatula has been designed so that it cannot reach the rotating blades, so there's no fear of going to far. However, I practically never use the spatula because the off-center blades with their special shape/design (as described in the manual) always ensue the contents is thoroughly mixed and nothing is missed.
I chose this product because it was the newer model of a Which? best buy product and I'm over the moon with it. I'd definitely recommend this blender, you won't be disappointed.
on 13 February 2013
Really happy about this product, was choosing between few different brands and sizes. This looked quite massive compared to other blenders, but it's 2 litres, which makes it ideal for a family of 3-4 people to make smoothies or blend soups in seconds. Cleaning is super-easy, a litre of water plus few drops of regular detergent (Fairy or similar), few seconds and it's clean and ready to be reused. Haven't tried ice yet, but deeply frozen strawberries are a piece of cake for this blender. Making smoothie for 3-4 glasses takes less than 2 minutes with frozen fruits, without - even faster.
on 7 June 2013
I am happy with all aspects of this product except from the fact that the motor struggles with the more demanding blends.
I use frozen fruit for my summer smoothies. When those are mixed with enough fresh juice (apple, orange) then all is good. Reduce the juice quantity and you are stuck.
Having read quite a few reviews for domestic blenders which mentioned dying motors (to be fair these were reviews for competing machines and not the Philips) a stuck struggling motor just adds unnecessary stress in what should be a fun experience.
I am assuming that this would not be the case if you went with one of the prosumer machines like the vitamix or the blendtec. Having said all that, those machines cost two or three times more.

Pros:
Build quality
Easy to clean
Consistent results
Useful controls
Nice looks
Reasonably priced

Cons:
Motor struggles during tougher blends (frozen fruit)
11 Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2013
Purchased after having a good look on the net for reviews/ ratings for cocktail blenders, we found the Philips model before this one had a good consumer rating for doing ice crushing and worked on the principle this model was even better, it has not disappointed us, also the jug is easy to clean.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 May 2014
I have had this blender for 10 months now, and have enjoyed its power and size for making soups and smoothies. I really like blenders that can be put in the dishwasher. However, it is now leaking out of the bottom via the blade (which is wobbling in the casing), and I don't know if this is because we washed it in the dishwasher, or because it can't really handle making smoothies after all. Fortunately, Amazon has been great and just sent out a replacement without quibble, but I'm dubious about its robustness. For £80, it should be better.
on 14 July 2013
Very easy to use and to clean. Powerful and not too noisy. So far I really couldn't find any drawback for this blender...I'm loving it!
on 25 May 2017
I had bought this reading rave reviews about it, thinking it would be a good back up machine to my Ladyship juicer (mediocre, but still in a different league to this poor Philips HR2096) got one and tried making a smoothie with small beetroot pieces, celery, spinach, etc,(something a decent blender would handle with ease) and after minutes of use, the machine smells of burnt plastic, worse smell than Ladyship blender, AND it switches itself off for over 15minutes, interrupting and inconveniencing the normally quick process This happens even when 'MAX' is not used. manual says no more than 15secs at MAX, but I hadn't even used it, the dial was not even half way. DO NOT buy this machine. I will upgrade my current decent Ladyship juicer with a proper blender.
on 15 May 2013
I managed to break my £20 Sainsbury blender a few weeks ago by dropping a spoon in it. (the jug bit was plastic, trying to blend a metal tea spoon is unadvisable, the jug cracked and green avocado juice went everywhere…) I've recently started 'juicing' so I use my juicer and a blender at least once a day.

I bought this one as it is recommended in my juicing book. I hate to say this but even though it looks loads better than my old Sainsbury one, really sturdy and all the bits can be pulled apart and washed separately and the jug bit is made out of thick glass, and the jug doesn't dribble everywhere when you pour juice out (like my cheap one did) i do get more lumps in my juices now than i used to. It's not a huge problem and i can live with a few avocado lumps, but it's just not the master blender i had expected to blitz everything into constituent molecules…
on 26 May 2013
excellent, works with Lemons and Limes from the garden, mangos, pineapples, oranges, apples and it all, works with a wizz
on 19 October 2014
This Phillips blender is rubbish don't buy it my first one the glass broke by itself the second one leaks from the bottom now I need a third one in a year