on 28 December 2016
If you can overlook the anachronisms, Americanisms, historical and social inaccuracies, you may just enjoy this book, because it was funny.
I understand the 1 and 2 star ratings as I realise this may grate on some readers. Personally I was able to categorise this book as a semi-farce so, uncharacteristically I was able to brush all this under the carpet.
I therefore found myself forgiving all, as I did chuckle out loud in places. It is a story that would have worked better in a more modern setting.
on 20 August 2015
At first I thought this was nonsense. I was still reading a few chapters in though...
It is nonsense, littered with improbability and silliness but it's different, a bit mad and if you want to spend a few hours relaxing and reading some fun, then this is the ticket!
3 people found this helpful
on 17 October 2016
I laughed, I cried, I cringed. I loved every word of this brilliant story and stayed up until nearly 4 am to finish it.
I can't wait to read the other Fairweather Sisters books.
2 people found this helpful
on 26 October 2016
You know when a book is so good and warm and fuzzy and you just want to read again and again and want it to never end?
Yeah this was one of those! Gah! Love it!
Penelope is surprisingly loveable and not annoying, and Charles (the duke) is frustrating yet not fallible. It is not a serious book but does not have annoying holes that so many cheerful books do.
I've just bought the next one and I'm so excited!
on 24 February 2017
What a complete load of rubbish, to be fair I often read undemanding pretty poor fiction when I'm in the mood but this is so bad I can't finish it. The writing is poor the characters ridiculous and the language used inappropriate.
on 3 June 2013
Wonderful light hearted a pleasure to read the funny bits made me laugh the sad bits made me cry in fact this book pulled at all my emotions it may not have been historically correct but then
it was such a good read it did not matter cannot wait to read more from this author
5 people found this helpful
on 30 November 2015
Probably disappointing to readers who want a proper historical romance as this book is actually a hysterical romp. If you don't take life too seriously read it and chuckle smile and enjoy.
on 17 August 2015
This was a very enjoyable story and Anya Wylde has a marvellous sense of humour as Penelope was fun and a laugh throughout the book. I recommend this book to all Kindle readers who like regency romance.
on 17 July 2013
This is a lovely, light hearted romance, with a heroine who just can't help putting her foot in it from the word go, when she turned up with a goat and then grabbed the ear of the Duke of Blackthorne, and then rattled from one incident to another - such as when she got drunk, caused the hostess to lose her gown, and then got chased by a cheetah - while the Duke and everyone else couldn't help but fall in love with her.
on 24 October 2016
One of the most amusing and enjoyable Regency Romance stories that I have ever read. I will definitely look for more books by Anya Wylde.