Customer reviews

on 30 April 2013
DRINK. Play that track very loud. Awesome. The first six tracks, brilliant.Heavy,deep,angry... Then a slight lull, a drop in power and pace, then the conclusion...DRINK.Did I mention it was awesome? There are several Uk Decays. Black Cat days (Why not release ALL of that ep, not just Black Cat itself? Does not Middle of the Road Man PASTE that? Yes,it does!)Then Madmen Days( Last in the House of Flames....Wow!) Now Heavy Metal Jews days. All distinct, all timeless,all great. I'm sad for those yet to lay ears on the band,because they haven't had the pleasure of hearing them yet. I'm also envious, for the same reason. Lovers of music...buy this latest release....I hope UKDK are writing the next one as I write...Ps. If you haven't got it yet...search for Death,So Fatal, the album of early stuff including songs that never made it to release ...
on 23 April 2013
I've only read about this band as being a big influence on a lot of new music I like and I can understand after listening to the album why that they don't really fit any musical category. The songs that are instantly memorable, "Killer ", " Shake Em Up ", "Next Generation ", heavy guitar , great bass and drums, it is the best CD I've heard in a long long time. Love it!
3 people found this helpful
on 27 April 2013
Great album. Really like this. I just recommend you buy it. I followed uk decay when they first started and loved the music they have produced through the years. I wasnt dissapointed with the new album.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 April 2014
Excellent album... this is a band that have progressed and still remain original... great lyrics and arrangements... If this was the follow up to ' For madmen only' all those years ago I would not have been disappointed; the fact that it was released in 2013 makes it even more special! Still the same attitude!!! Go for it!
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 26 April 2013
My older brother is a fan of this band so I decided to give it a go. In a world of over produced, synthetic music what a refreshing change to here a real band at their best. Lets hope it's a start of a revolution cause these guys rock!
on 12 July 2013
Don't expect things to be as they were 30 years ago because we all move on in time! But this is good ...and worth a punt if your open minded... The vinyl is a lovely package too!
on 2 May 2013
Fantastic to have a new UK DECAY album. Amazing production, Fabulous rhythmics! We want an album every year now please!
3 people found this helpful
on 29 August 2013
Continuing in the vein of their 1980s music, UK Decay are as inventive as ever with their (mostly) highly political songs.
on 27 May 2013
Oh no.
In 1982, after acquiring the small but unsurpassed array of UK Decay records, I was there at 'A night for celebration' - their farewell gig. And since then, across 31 years, though my music taste has deepened and diversified, I've found it still fair to say that their repertoire has stayed unsurpassed - until now. Whatever possessed UK Decay to start up again, it sure wasn't inspiration. Musically, there are one or two traces of the old magic, and a couple of half-decent songs, 'This city is a cage' and 'Revolutionary love song'. However, some truly embarrassing workouts counterbalance this - 'Woman with a black heart' and 'Drink'. In general, the songs are generic, uninspired rock. Abbo sings nowhere near as distinctively as he used to, and if these are his lyrics and it took him 3 decades to devise them - boo!

Feb. 2014 postscript:
After all the rhapsodising reviews, I must be missing something, right? Wrong. I've just listened to this again, willing myself to love it. But... I was right to begin with. It's so BORING. What the hell is the point of 'All the faces in History'? In fact, what's the point of most of it? Occasionally, there is a little swirl from Spon of a delicious guitar dynamic, but mostly it's plodding, pounding, dullness. The only song that might make it onto a record from the classic era is 'Rev. love song', and the operative word here is 'might'.
Oh no.
5 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2013
Funnily enough I had recently started listening to `For madmen only' again recently and had really got into it again. So when I heard that UK Decay had released a second album and read the reviews above I was pretty keen to acquire said item. After a number of listens I think the best I can say is patchy. There are some very good moments - `Heavy Metal Jews' is a bit of a ripper and the `City is a cage' has already grown on me. `Drink' is more sonic poem than rock song but as one of the other reviewers said it's rather good. The rest - well I guess I was expecting a bit more than this. Above average compared to most punk fare served these days but I'd never labelled UKDK as punk anyway.

A lot of the songs sound like they have the genesis of a good idea that rarely reaches the promise you fell it should. Least favourite song was' I feel good' which sounds like U2 on an off day...so sounds like U2 then.
2 people found this helpful