Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 May 2014
Amaranthe are a Swedish/Danish band that plays a bizarre combination of melodic death metal, power metal and (somewhat controversially) pop and techno melodies, with three vocalists: Andreas Solveström (now replaced by Henrik Englund), who performs harsh vocals, Jake E, who provides clean male vocals, and the uber-talented Elize Ryd, who performs clean female vocals. I can honestly not say why I like them, as I hate most electronica and pop music, but having seen Amaranthe live recently can safely say that they are an amazing band, and I would recommend any metal fan to give them a listen, and you may find yourself surprised (stand out tracks include the title track 'The Nexus,' 'Stardust,' 'Electroheart,' and my personal favourite 'Afterlife').
on 18 February 2014
I bought the first album and loved it. This second Album is just as good. Some reviewers have complained about the "death metal" style screaming but I think the mix of pop, rock and metal on all of the tracks is just brilliant. I like that they even describe themselves as Pop Metal or Melodic Death Metal - both apt. Listening to this band on the way makes going to work (almost) fun ... cant wait for the next album.
on 1 July 2013
I like the first album "Amaranthe" (Amaranthe ) but this one was a slow starter. It's all well played but the first few are samey and went by in a blur. There are some more distinctive songs scattered about the album and played in short bursts you may well be impressed. The poppy "Electroheart" is just too silly for me though, and has cost this review one star. The songs are catchy but quite short, the title track is just over three minutes and that includes a sound effects intro.

So to sum up... Upbeat, disposable fun. This won't be on your repeat-play list
on 26 March 2013
Amaranthe are a rarity in the Metal genre; they have the ability to appeal to almost anyone. Catchy almost poppish chorus' mixed with soaring Power Metal vocals and further mixed with fierce screams from Andy. This is their second album and is a worthy follow up to their amazing debut album. Heavier in places but also cheesier in places (Electroheart). If you have ANY taste in music you must buy this album! Standout tracks for me are: The Nexus, Burn With Me, Stardust and Afterlife. This isn't to say that all the songs are amazing as there is some filler on this disc but overall a solid release!
on 18 April 2013
I don't know. Listening to the album few times... made it better every time I listen to it.
Still, I think their debut album was more solid. Some tracks are just unbrearale for me (electroheart..*shudder*)
Afterlife quickly became my favourite, although I would've appreciated a bit more mellow song or two from the album (like Amaranthe from the first album). I feel there are just too many songs in the album that are fast-paced, that sounds too pop-ish
Overall, enjoyable but I can see it isn't going to be everyone's favourite.
on 10 July 2014
One of the best new bands out there, the use of three singers makes it so unique, instrumental parts are abit generic, but the punchy catchy choruses save it, recommend it to anyone
on 11 September 2013
i absolutely love this band they are amazing!! the blend of three types of vocals and heavy but melodic music goes so well!! all the members are very talented, this is one of my favorite new bands around and i can see them being around for a long time and becoming a hugely successfull band!! i highly recommend this album and their first album too! i bought this cd and it spent two months in the cd player !!!
on 3 September 2014
Metal that has super catchy choruses!! A real feelgood factor here. Screamo and clean male vocals add greatly to the mix but the female vocals by Elize are beautiful (like her)! Superb album from this great band. Love it!!
on 13 August 2013
Enjoying listening to this. Not always sure about the growler but many tracks have a mix of female and male leads alternating, which adds to the interest.

Some tracks seem a bit "loud" (by that I mean that the recorded volume is loud, introducing some distortion) but that may be the metal influence, I suppose!
on 11 June 2013
This is very good album, the songs sound great. The only problem I have with it is the female and one male singer have truly great voices. Then they spoil it buy letting the other male singer scream his lyrics. I know there's people out there that love the screaming vocals. But for me this ruines what is a very good album.