on 6 July 2013
Simple answer - YES. I have tried just about every paid and free AV over many years.
A certain well known program was ideal, HOWEVER, despite the usual "does not slow up your PC etc" declarations from the supplier - it turned out that it was like walking through treacle!!!!!!!

Webroot is the only program that does NOT slow up your machine. It whole approach to virus detection is innovative and effective. It is quirk free, and works unnoticed in the background. I have this on my three PC's.
Highly recommended - buy it!!! - NOW
on 11 May 2013
Previously I've used Kaspersky, F-Secure and BitDefender but all these hogged system resources and slowed my netbook down to a crawl at times.
Webroot though is blindingly fast - full virus scan in 6 minutes and it uses very little processor time. The menus are simple and it can just be left alone doing it's thing.
I'm very impressed and feel I will stick with this software for good now.
on 15 March 2014
The hardest thing to get rid of not grown in a culture. It locked my laptop up and it took a while and special software from the internet to get rid of. Worse than ivy in your garden. When I see the Webroot name a shiver goes up my back.
on 20 January 2015
I am using this on two computers, one running Windows 7 and the other running Xp. This software package has continued to work very well for the computer using Windows 7 and Google Chrome, and is unobtrusive, with minimal slowdown...five stars for that.

However, for the computer running Xp, I have had trouble with its compatibility with Google Chrome, resulting in excessive slowdown. But the operative word is `had', here! Two stars for that. But suddenly, it started working very well. It has now been running very efficiently for about a month. Five stars for that! Perhaps the Webroot people have been working on things, because I noticed that I was far from alone in having Chrome problems with Webroot.
on 4 May 2016
Best security I have ever used. It came free years ago with a Sony laptop. It doesn't take over your PC and scans really quick. I've bought nothing else since using Webroot. Just bought a new one for 5 PC's for less than £20 can't go wrong!!
on 6 March 2014
Since installing this on my iMac I have noticed a distinct slowing down, which might or might not be connected to the Webroot software. I suspect it's not, as others haven't reported the same effects. What is good, is that on entering the results page of a Google search, resting the cursor on each website indicates whether Webroot has any record of problems with the site. It will also warn if entering a site which has been the source of problems in the past.
on 21 November 2013
I have installed Webroot security for many years now and find it unobtrusive and perfectly suited to the task. Webroot products do not slow my laptop at all, unlike other much more expensive similar products. Would recommend Webroot to anyone. Also perfect for mobile and tablet appliances. No issues with any Webroot product. Ever.
on 9 October 2014
Have used this software for years now, never had any viruses on my PC though I am careful. Fast scan as a result of cloud data download. Also up to date and good support from Webroot. Highly recommended.
on 13 October 2013
I am not really sure that it is doing its job! It does it all in the background unobtrusively - I have been so used to some programs carrying out a scan and not being able to use the computer for up to half an hour at a time. I can only assume it is working effectively as I appear to have no viruses.
on 21 December 2013
THIS IS THE 2ND YEAR I HAVE BEEN USING THIS PRODUCT,I FIND IT GREAT AND THUS FAR HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH
IT HENCE CONTINUING TO USE PRODUCT ,IT IS FAST ON SCANS AND DOES NOT NEED CHECKING ALL THE TIME EXCELLENT PRODUCE