on 19 March 2016
great book well written author builds his characters well and lots of twists and turns ensue along the way. Now reading the second book in the trilogy .once started hard to put down
on 13 March 2014
i was a little dissapointed with this book as I found the characters and plot at times unbelievable.To expect the reader to accept that the Germans three top men training to be spies were (a) a man who could neither read or write (b)a man who was 77 years old and (c)a man,finally chosen,had the unfotunate habbit of raising his arm and shouting Heil Hitler.I did finnish the book as world war 2 stories are a favourite of mine and the authors knowledge of a dark time in Germanys history the reason for my three stars.
on 17 August 2014
Gripping, couldn't put book down.
on 3 October 2014
excellent plot , well written and we,'re kept guessing to the end. l need to read the sequel. deserves good rating.
on 17 July 2014
Good to see W.W. 2 from Germany, lots of twists and turns -- different. Look forward to the follow up
on 4 October 2014
A good read from cover to cover. I felt I was in 1940s Berlin. Full of tension and intrigue t
on 31 January 2014
Having just finished David Downing's Station series, I was looking for something similar to read and stumbled upon this book. A WW2 story about German Intelligence,I have to say I really enjoyed it. After a slow start, it picked up pace and held my interest to the end. Am looking forward to reading the next book, The Wings of the Eagle as it seems to be a sequel.
on 20 November 2015
I very much enjoyed this book. It held my attention throughout. Well written.
on 15 January 2014
An interesting book insofar as the intelligence war is viewed from a German perspective, complicated by an internecine battle between the Gestapo and the Abwehr.The plot becomes somewhat shambolic and the author's decision to include an Irish perspective adds to the incredibility.
on 7 December 2014
This is my first ever review so please be gentle. Really enjoyed this. I'm particularly interested in Berlin, especially around the time in question, so I suppose that helped. Nonetheless found the storyline excellent and read the book in two days. Would urge all to give it a go.