Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 13 May 2013
So in his earlier guise, Eric Gales was a rock guitarist with a tonality in the realms of a certain Mr J Hendrix and whilst that's not such a bad thing, it was getting to be that this soundalike was taking away Mr Gales' own identity somewhat. So, he moved onto phase 2 - and more than anything, it was this phase that made me really sit up and listen as here was a magnificent, fluid guitar player of the blues variety but, for whatever reason, no-one was listening and, for a player as good as this, it beats the hell out of me why he has not gained far more acclaim!
So now, we are now onto phase 3 with Mr Gales colluding with Messrs Pridgen and Pinnick and what is it all about - well, it's a return to the rock genre with a smattering of blues numbers in there too! And does it work? And Then Some!!
This is a full on, 70's style rock/blues outing that is based on loose song frameworks that allow the 3 musicians here free reign to explore the jamming envelope to make one glorious noise - spoiled, ironically by the inclusion of Cream's "Sunshine Of Your Love" which is 6:52 long and is, IMHO 6:52 too long as it adds nothing to the original and even the three superlative musicians appear to be bored with it from start to end! (that being the case - then why include it?!)But, hey, it's one track and it does not detract from the rest of the contents.
"Collateral Damage", "Angels And Aliens", "I've Been So High", "Black Jeans" and "The Greatest Love" are all highlights among this quality offering particularly if you are into the sounds that a classic 3 piece blues/rock band can make - but, if you're into great guitar playing with a smattering of Hendrix licks, then this a
"must have" in your collection!
on 25 February 2013
Reincarnation. For a 50 something that saw 'these guys' first time around (Cream, Zep but not Jimi sadly), I have to write and recommend you all go out and buy. Don't get me wrong,I'm not some grizzled wrinkly dinosaur stuck in the 70's & I love new music but this is as good as it ever got. Lucky enough to have a system to do it justice & grey follicles to match , the volume these guys play at is hair-standing-on-end, balls grinning rock, Maybe they will be doing the festival rounds, I will be there !
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 22 April 2013
I took a gamble in buying this CD. But I can say that I am glad that I did. It is definitely a CD that I believe should be being shipped in vast quantities to the music buying public. Quality musicianship by the whole group make it one of the best recordings to come out in 2013. And if there is any justice in the world, should be considered worthy of picking up the appropriate music awards which someimes manage to overlook the quality product in favour of a lesser one, because of the politics in the music industry.
on 19 February 2013
Not a lot i can add that hasn't already been written. This is indeed a great album,as i thought it would be, and Eric Gales plays some of the best guitar i've heard in years! I've been a fan of his for years and i hope this brings him some long overdue recognition. If you are a fan of blues rock,and guitar....buy this album,it is the best thing in ages to come along!
on 30 October 2014
MR GALES CAN DO NO WRONG.!
on 9 January 2015
Brilliant
on 17 February 2013
Absolute brilliant album. I must buy. Great songs and musicianship. The best album I have purchased for a while. Highly Recommended.
on 17 February 2013
Great power trio in the Hendrix/Cream tradition. Excellent playing and singing all round. Grooveelicious:-) A bluesy hard rocking power trio!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 February 2013
Not being familiar with any of these artists in their various previous guises I come to this with no axe to grind or indeed any great "fanboy" pretensions. I shall just tell it as I find it....at least to my ageing ears. And it is a great listen especially if you like chunky, psychedelic blues based rock of the old school. It is no coincidence that they have chosen to cover Sunshine of your love - Cream/Hendrix comparisons are inevitable, but they add a grungey element that appeals, and somehow "thickens" the sound. 2 slight negatives, the guitar take on Fur Elise going under the pseudonym of For Jasmine is a tad pretentious and the 10 minute long "Been so High" is probably twice as long as strictly necessary, but other than this all the elements for a classicaly powerful guitar/bass/drum sound are present and correct.
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 15 December 2013
A fine album from a talented trio. It took a few listens though to get my ear in. Now I absolutely love the album. The opening track, Collateral damage, is pretty special as is their cover of Sunshine Of Your Love. The rest of the album is a slow burner.
Eric Gales is a superb guitarist. Joe Bonamassa reckons that Gales is the best guitar player in the world today. High praise indeed.