on 2 November 2014
Very good book, couldn't put it down
on 7 October 2014
Not for me, bought for some-one else
on 18 September 2014
Its a good book what else can I say!
on 1 September 2014
Another Dan Brown great read. Great.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 March 2014
Let me start off by saying I was a huge fan of Dan Brown. I have read and very much enjoyed everything he has written so far.
This book was a big disappointment to me. I found it a slog. Really hard work to keep going and keep interested. Half way through it was a battle and I continued with it because I was determined not to give up.
I have to say the last few chapters were better with more life and energy in them and they captivated me a little more and made finishing the book less gruelling. The ending I have to say, felt weak and not the gut wrenching twists I was hoping for, and the character relationships also felt disjointed and without any depth to them.

It hasn't totally put me off the author, but I was gutted that it was so poor. After speaking with friends who also read this book it seems I am not alone in my thoughts.
on 1 August 2016
I remember reading "The Da Vinci Code" years ago to see what all the fuss was about, and coming to the conclusion that it had an interesting premise but wasn't particularly well written. Here I am having struggled through the first few chapters of Dr Langdon's latest adventure (having run out of stuff to read on holiday and been lent it) and given up. By God it's awful. For a start it seems to be largely a retread of what's gone before. The writing is clunky and clichéd. The plot is never far from the completely implausible (yes, it's a work of fiction and suspension of disbelief is part of the deal, but when I'm thinking "yeah, right, like that would happen" every third page...) The pace is destroyed by the protagonist's constant musings - people are trying to kill you, man, save it for later - and worse than that the author breaks out into slabs of background knowledge on the history of Florence's landmarks that have no relation whatsoever to the plot. Do we really need three paragraphs on the history of the Porta Romana?! Still, Mr Brown must me doing something right - I wouldn't mind being a tenner behind him. :o)

Anyways, I'll be going to see the film because I admire Ron Howard as a director, Tom Hanks is very watchable and I love Florence. You never know, they might manage to make a silk purse out of sow's ear.
on 12 January 2015
I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 29 November 2014
Pretty week, same old tired formula
on 25 November 2014
Brilliant, edge of your seat stuff!
on 6 November 2014
happy with this product and service