on 27 March 2014
I have to admit, I was very unsure of purchasing a "used" ultrabook on Amazon, especially since it was being offered by a 3rd party (The Money Station). But having checked the ultrabook out in a store previously, I as very tempted by the price.

The ultrabook itself is a very sleek device. Due to the tapered edges, it gives you the illusion of being slimmer than it really is. However, if you remove the HDD and put your own SSD in (which is what I did), the ultrabook is not only lighter, but amazingly fast!
While it's not a gaming machine, I cannot fault it in any way. I do wish that it had a backlit keyboard though.
A couple of extra points:
1) If you want to migrate the recovery section onto a new SSD, there is actually a built in feature to do that! so no need to burn discs etc. Bravo Samsung! Simply plug a new drive in on USB (size not important). Then go into the samsung recovery console and use the transfer / copy function. Replace the HDD with the new drive and it simply boots up as a brand new installation. MAGIC!
2) Windows 8 with touch screen functionality make it the most amazing version of windows yet. You will absolutely love it.

For those of you who are unsure about buying a "used ultrabook" off Amazon: here is my feedback:
1) The Money Station have awesome reviews and had described the ultrabook quite accurately. In fact, they claimed the lid had scratches when it didnt have any at all! Bonus!
2) about 2 months after I purchased this ultrabook, it developed an issue with the touch screen. The issue, known as ghost clicking, is shown here [...]
3) I wrote to the Money Station and was expecting to be asked "to do one", When infact they politely and courteously offered to take the ultrabook in and get it repaired by Samsung (Thank you Nick - from the Money Station). They also suggested that I could do the same myself, to save time, by contacting samsung directly. For a fleeting second I wondered if they were fobbing me off, but when I called samsung, because I had registered the ultrabook with them I had been given a fresh 1 year warranty! (yes! even on a used ultrabook!). So Samsung collected the ultrabook within 48 hours and delivered it back within the following 96 hours, with a brand new lid/screen!

It now works like a charm.

Great product, great price on "used" and great seller.
8 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 10 December 2014
Great ultrabook for the family, nice balance of ergonomics, power (i3 3217U processor is a good balance of power and battery life) with 6GB of decent speed RAM, 500GB of hard disk space and vibrant touch, high quality 13.3 screen (under a very easy to access central access panel) and the usual webcam, wifi, speakers etc. Comes with Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics which is pretty decent and can play many modern games, though obviously not suited for the more intensive, screen melting ones.

Shipped with windows 8, easy to upgrade to windows 8.1 for a better UX and slightly better performance. There was a pile of pre-installed stuff which took about an hour to uninstall but after that it's a really good experience. The screen in particular is very good and I like the size and weight of the machine, good for use on the move and good on the desk too. Note the child protection features of windows 8/8.1 are excellent and are easily the best in class, as the first of these machines was bought for my daughter that was important and they are very easy to set up as long as you remember to set the machine up with you (adult) as the administrator account and then set the child up as a user account.

Very impressed with this ultrabook, in fact so impressed I bought another one for the family the day after this one was delivered.
on 8 March 2014
I like the look and feel of the laptop and that it's so light. It does take some getting used to though with the touch screen and windows 8 but that's a user education piece. I like the keyboard. It takes time to get used to working the apps as opposed to the web pages but I really like it.Great screen resolution too for videos etc.

I have one big concern, the first one of these laptops I was sent the screen was faulty, it was like something was pressed at some stage too hard into the touchscreen and it got stuck and a line appeared down the screen. The various applications would then move about on their own, get bigger and smaller while I wasn't even touching the screen. However the second exact same laptop is fine.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 June 2014
I've had this laptop 2 months now and still love it.

The case and design looks fantastic, light weight great battier power. The performance is nice and sharp perfect for using Office or browsing the web. I haven't tried to running games or larger software like Soildworks yet but I'd imagine it should handle it...well will probably be a bit slower but still decent enough for the price.

Another aspect of this laptop that majorly impressed on arrival was the audio quality and volume. Of all the laptops I've had this is easily the best sounding one and can go the loudest so if you like your music then this is another great reason to buy this. The screen is also very good for playing movies , netflix etc.

So on the negative side of things and the reason I only gave it 4/5 stars is as follows.

The screen tilt is limited so if your watching something with the laptop on your knees I find that the screen is just short of where you would like it to be when watching. Although not really annoying just a small issue.

The major issue I had is that this come with windows 8 not the improved 8.1. So you will need to update everything else before you can install your free copy of windows 8.1 . This causes the Failure to update reboot sequence a number of time. This eventually sorts its self out but trust me it will be an annoying first week. When you finally get windows 8.1 you can then shut off the laptop without fear of being stuck in the failure loop.

So main issue is with the version of windows 8 this laptop comes with, other than that this is a fantastic laptop great for media/ everyday use plus a bit of office work on the side. So far one of the best laptops I've owned!
One person found this helpful
on 26 October 2015
Samsung has cheated by selling this product which in no way is ready to be launched in market. Touch is pathetic and keeps on opening the web pages on its on. I usually bought Samsung products but this one has really shattered my faith in Samsung once for all. I will never buy any of their products with a belief that they don't care about customer's hard earned money and offer such low quality product.
I am writing this review after using it for more than an year and do whatever I could do to make it work. Finally i switched off the touch and using it like any other laptop. Why to pay extra price and have frustration?
Never go for this one!!!!
on 22 May 2015
I have been very impressed with this laptop, which although it only has half the memory of my Dell desktop performs just as well. The only improvement would be if I could have bought the same machine with a 500GB solid state drive instead of a conventional hard disk - perhaps it is a future upgrade. Hence four stars instead of five.
on 26 April 2015
So far, it's been a solid laptop. Can't do too many things at once, and need to close all background programs to play anything more complicated than minesweeper*, but it more than fulfills the needs of a travel laptop, and tends to be pretty fast and responsive for most tasks.

The one place it falls down is that the touchscreen can be a little slow getting going, but the benefits of the touchscreen definitely outweigh this con.

*Windows 8/8.1 doesn't actually have minesweeper, but it definitely prefers 2d games. Some older 3d games (e.g Overlord, TF2) will work, but don't expect great graphics.
on 5 November 2015
We have experienced internet connection issue ever since we bought the laptop, it won't pick up the wireless signal soon after you walking away from the router. The laptop has been idled for a long while before we consider to give to my child for homework recently. lots of problems to have it restored, after phoning the support center over and over again, no luck to have it back to work. we are now asked to send to Digicare Service Centre for repair with unknown charge.
on 15 April 2018
Old review. After 2 and half years of happy use, screen and keyboard got separated and not fixable despite normal use
on 19 June 2014
A lovely looking light little ultra book, unfortunately after I had it set up, the touch screen ran away with itself. There was obviously a fault with it so I returned it for a full refund.