Top positive review
8 people found this helpful
Excellent laptop, great windows touchscreen experience.
on 27 March 2014
I have to admit, I was very unsure of purchasing a "used" ultrabook on Amazon, especially since it was being offered by a 3rd party (The Money Station). But having checked the ultrabook out in a store previously, I as very tempted by the price.
The ultrabook itself is a very sleek device. Due to the tapered edges, it gives you the illusion of being slimmer than it really is. However, if you remove the HDD and put your own SSD in (which is what I did), the ultrabook is not only lighter, but amazingly fast!
While it's not a gaming machine, I cannot fault it in any way. I do wish that it had a backlit keyboard though.
A couple of extra points:
1) If you want to migrate the recovery section onto a new SSD, there is actually a built in feature to do that! so no need to burn discs etc. Bravo Samsung! Simply plug a new drive in on USB (size not important). Then go into the samsung recovery console and use the transfer / copy function. Replace the HDD with the new drive and it simply boots up as a brand new installation. MAGIC!
2) Windows 8 with touch screen functionality make it the most amazing version of windows yet. You will absolutely love it.
For those of you who are unsure about buying a "used ultrabook" off Amazon: here is my feedback:
1) The Money Station have awesome reviews and had described the ultrabook quite accurately. In fact, they claimed the lid had scratches when it didnt have any at all! Bonus!
2) about 2 months after I purchased this ultrabook, it developed an issue with the touch screen. The issue, known as ghost clicking, is shown here [...]
3) I wrote to the Money Station and was expecting to be asked "to do one", When infact they politely and courteously offered to take the ultrabook in and get it repaired by Samsung (Thank you Nick - from the Money Station). They also suggested that I could do the same myself, to save time, by contacting samsung directly. For a fleeting second I wondered if they were fobbing me off, but when I called samsung, because I had registered the ultrabook with them I had been given a fresh 1 year warranty! (yes! even on a used ultrabook!). So Samsung collected the ultrabook within 48 hours and delivered it back within the following 96 hours, with a brand new lid/screen!
It now works like a charm.
Great product, great price on "used" and great seller.