on 26 April 2013
This is just what I have been looking for!
Having traded up from a 50D I really did want to get to grips with the 'ins and outs' especially the setting up of the full frame 6D. The author reccomends having your camera with you when reading this guide - this is essential if you want to get the most from it. Also being on my tablet it is so much easier to combine handling the camera and reading than if it was a 'proper book'!
This is not for people new to digital SLRs - but for anyone conversant with earlier models it is just great! Having spent the money buying the 6D you might as well take the time and get the best results.
on 31 January 2014
I recently bought the Canon 6D and found this book valuable in helping with the new features of this upgrade from my 40D. I really appreciated I could download the book to my Kindle App on my Ipad which meant on a recent holiday back to New Zealand if I was unsure of something I could easily skip to the book and find what I needed. I had also downloaded another couple of books - some light reading as well as Ipad for Photographers and the fact I could have all these accessible in electronic form was brilliant - you would never normally carry these around. This book was easily understandable too and I found particularly helpful in getting the wireless function set up which again helped with image viewing and downloading to the Ipad. Initially had felt a little overwhelmed by what seemed a lot more technical bits to the new camera but if you have the book beside the camera and play with the various menus it helps to make you more comfortable with the 6D. Both book and camera have been a very worthwhile investment.
on 22 June 2015