on 15 March 2014
I have had this case over a month. Quality is fine, however, there is a major sticking point:

This case is way too heavy!

I finally weighed it today: 225g/0.5lbs! The iPad Air itself only weighs 469g/1lb!!

This is insane! Taking it off my iPad Air is like night and day. What is a thin and light tablet becomes this big bulky screen!

Two stars for reasonable quality for this price. But I've removed stars for the weight and bulkiness.

I think the rear plastic is what's to blame. I think the back could be made a third of the thickness it currently is and would shave a lot of heavy plastic off the case.
on 10 March 2014
The case works well, at least the snooze/wake up feature of the cover. I did not have any accidents so I cannot really evaluate the protection rate. The dimensions are the minimal ones needed to protect both the upper and the rear part of the iPad.

The only negative point of the case is that it is probably heavier than the iPad (air) itself, so you definitely loose the incredible sensation of lightness that you feel when you use the iPad alone.
on 26 May 2014
When it said "Ultra Slim Lightweight", I was expecting something very light. I actually already have a case, but thought it was too heavy and decided to purchase a lighter one. Found this on amazon, and on offer. Decided to give it a try because of the name of product (Lightweight). But it turned out to be as heavy as my old one.
on 2 April 2014
I previously had an i-Blason case on my iPad Air. I hated the screen protector on it, so replaced the case with one of these. This case is great - nice and slim and light just like the iPad Air. The only complaint is that it's difficult to determine what side the case opens on, so I usually try opening it on the hinge.
on 5 September 2017
Had this case for 5 years, and only now is it finally falling to bits (so ordered another), lasted well & good value.
on 31 August 2017
Good as described
on 17 February 2014
The advertised as ultra slim and lightweight unfortunately its some 80 g heavier than the lightest case I've managed to find,as a case it works fine, but kind of defeats the object of buying a Apple iPad Air.
on 15 April 2014
Really good value does what I wanted and cost what I was willing to pay. I will order another one
on 17 March 2016
This is cheap and nasty, so I won't be using it. It's just a piece of plastic with a thin felt paper covering inside, and no way of locking the flap in place when carrying it. Moko make a far better case in the form of the Slim Fit with simulated leather. It's nicely padded, feels good in the hand and has a 4-position stand. That's what I'm using now. Almost as good as the Belkin leather version of similar design but alas not available for the iPad Air (the Moko leather version was very loose on the holding grips and risked having the tablet fall out constantly).
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse