on 8 April 2014
Every year when it comes to buying advent calenders, I grumble at the high cost of the LEGO/Playmobil options - but by Christmas Day, I'm convinced that they are among the best value for money items that I've purchased.
If your child likes Lego/Playmobil, then they'll love these calenders, and you can console yourself with the fact that the figures can be integrated into their existing collection once the Festive Season is over.
on 21 December 2015
First Impressions; Big Box, Aimed at Younger People, Pricey but Lots of Lego!

What's in the box;
- Advent Calendar

What I love;
+ Great Lego toys each day
+ Suitable for all ages

What could be improved;
- Expensive, it's a bit pricey but you do get lots of Lego!

Conclusion; Great for All Ages, A Different Lego Figure Each Day, Brother Loved It!
on 21 October 2013
I must admit to being a tiny bit hooked on these things.You get nice models,opening the 'windows' is always fun as well.You will never get bored because the bricks just get added to the collection.I've found that there are always quite a few duplicate bricks among the sets,which is a nice bonus.Also....don't chuck away the box,there are 24 inner plastic compartments which are ideal for storing the smaller bricks or,as my wife has found out,great for planting seedlings.You really can't lose with these sets!
on 2 January 2015
This was a total hit for my 6-year-old son who can't decide whether he loves Star Wars, or Lego, more. There's also a free on-line game on lego.com to entertain purchasers of this set. My son said the 2013 Advent Calendar was better from a Lego perspective, but the online game was better for the 2014 Advent Calendar.
on 7 December 2013
Every year, it's the one advent calendar we absolutely must have. For around one quid per window, it's a bargain as well as lots of fun making up the various characters or items such as miniature ships. I've been accused of buying this for myself rather than my son, but what parent would be that cruel? Of course it's for him! Absolutely, and unequivocally.

There are no disappointments in this calendar, there haven't been any disappointments in the past seven calendars we've had over the years. Some things are cooler, but nothing is bad or boring or less than fun. Beats chocolate, any time.
on 17 October 2014
I buy these every year for my lego and Star Wars mad boys. It's pretty much the same thing each year, but they get excited at the "new" designs each year. Im sure it will be as much a hit as it has been in previous years. I think the price could be Cheaper however, it's a bit high for what it is!
on 17 October 2013
For the past few years I've been buying advent calendars for work.

Having more than 24 people in the office means we've tried a few combinations of the different types of calendar through the years. For a fewe years we had under fifty people who wanted to take part, however we popped over that mark and I had to start buying three calendars. The fist time I did this was a disaster - I bought one of each. For *some* reason the Star Wars one was Most Subscribed, then the City one and finally the Friends one lagged behind and actually went for days with Unopened Due windows. Oh noes! I'm doing the same this year!

Most successful year recently was when I just bought Star Wars calendars. They seem to generate more "buzz" - people swap and negotiate for the desireable models, and, people actually want to come into the office on the 24th to have a chance at the "biggie" that day always seems to contain.

If you're interested in the practicalities:

Calendars are positioned in Reception.
Each calendar is given a check-sheet with the date and a space for the Opener to write their name. (sellotape the sheet to the box and have pens on string)
The rule is "first person in gets to open the Door for the day UNLESS they have already opened one."
Finally: if EVERYONE has opened a door then you are allowed to open a second door.

Optional: People can send emails round telling people what model they got.

Non-working day doors are opened on The Next Day - so every Monday there are three doors available (unless someone does overtime in the office and then, fair game)

This initially benefits the people who get to work first, but the available doors soon percolate up to the people who do later shifts.

I thought I'd share.

Cheers, all and Merry Christmas.
on 23 January 2014
This calendar got my 7 year old son out of bed every morning for a month! He leapt up every morning because he was so excited to see what would be in his calendar each day. I got it for a good price, not sure I would pay £25 for it! Not saying it's not worth that though, I just wouldn't pay it! He enjoyed it so much I will be looking out for the 2014 one.
on 2 June 2014
The Lego Advent calendars are a much a part of christmas as christmas trees and stockings now. As ever a fab product great treats for kids in the run up to christmas Each year the characters are different so you don't feel like you are buying a repeat product year on year
on 5 December 2013
We would expect no less from Lego and so far, are not disappointed. Each day has brought forth a quality figure such as R2D2. And each on has come with extra parts. We save those and at the end, try to make something unique from them!