on 3 June 2015
I was very excited to try the new pneumatic system by Lego. I have been a fan since my childhood years and lately due to illness went back to my old tricks. I have built other units in the past year, without due difficulty, yet this unit was slightly more of a challenge - which is certainly positive. Still I only needed one try to get the unit as it should be.

This is a very clever build and well worth the price. Highly recommended.
on 10 December 2015
Amazing toy.

It was a gift to my nephew, it took him a whole day to build it, and he absolutely loved it.
It allow the children to do something in the real world, and learn how gears and pulleys work, rather than look at virtual worlds on a flat screen.

It's a shame that the price keeps increasing during Christmas with these toys I would buy again if it comes back to a reasonable price.
on 8 August 2014
Very pleased with this kit, I have given it 5 stars even though there are a distinct lack of differentials and a few other usual LEGO technic funky stuffs. Just because the motorised pneumatics are super cool, it gets the 5! They could be used to so much more effect, but I love the way it introduces pneumatics to a formative mindset! It's a good model that doesn't take too long to build and the instructions are flawless. Hats off to LEGO :)
on 27 October 2013
the truck is brilliant it has given my grandson
hours and hours of play with it
and kept him quiet
on 3 February 2014
Very good item. Bought it for my boyfriend for christmas as he loves trucks. I helped build an took us 7 hours in total! Was fun and is amazing how everythin goes together and works at the end with the moving parts. Would definately recommend
on 24 December 2014
Grandson loves it
on 12 May 2017
Great model
on 4 October 2017
Real Lego technic, it's amazing. I totally recommend you
on 30 November 2013
This set is not for the feint hearted. It has 3 instruction booklets and there are a lot of pieces. It will take you several hours to build and pay close attention to the instructions as small mistakes will compound into bigger problems, I found out the hard way and had to take apart big chunks of the model to correct them. All sorted in the end but a bit of a pain at the time.
The technical functions of this truck are excellent, as well as the normal mechanical functions using gears there are pneumatic functions and the pneumatic elements will definitely come in handy for future builds.
To top it off it has power functions too, lego really have crammed a lot into this set.
The truck when completed looks fantastic and I personally think this is one of the best Technic sets in years, not just for functions but for looks too. Overall this is a very satisfying build and very playable.
As for value for money you do get a lot of Lego for your cash with this set, I highly recommend buying it, you won't be disappointed.
on 12 November 2013
I was first made aware of this product whilst on holiday, and wanted it straight away, but with no easy way to get it home had to wait to order it!

The product is pretty large, and with 1200+ pieces isn't for novices. The instructions are, in they typical Lego fashion, fairly clear and easy to follow - though there were some steps that I had some difficulties in working out where to put pieces (though flicking to the next page usually cleared things up).

This model took me in all 4 hours to build, and I'm in my 30's with a good grasp of reading Lego instructions, so a younger person or inexperienced builder should realistically look at the same or longer to build.

The truck has a mixture of pneumatic and gear driven features, and its fun and educational putting the pieces together and learning how different gears do their various tasks. Firstly, the outriggers are lowered using the geared system, then the lifting arm is extended using the same geared system at the flick of a switch. Once done, the tow rope is wound out using the final geared function. Once done, the switches are changed to engage the pneumatic system and the action moves to the top of the truck. The lift is flipped out with one lever and the tow rope arm done with the other switch. Changing the levers reverses the actions.

The labels on the levers are all colour co-ordinated with switch on the battery box making it super easy to swiftly use the full range of functions on the truck.
review imagereview imagereview image
11 Comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse