on 3 October 2013
Didn't expect this item to be so well built. Yes the padding is plastic, but what do you expect for less than £100?
It's the build quality that counts and this hits the spot.
Took me 2 hours to complete. Other customers complained about holes not lining up. TIP - Do not fully tighten any of the nuts until the whole station has been built. It does all fit and with all the nuts and bolts loosly tightened, it allows some play to line up the holes.
26 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2017
A good piece of equipment.

Pros:
1.Correct fit for my height and room size: I am roughly 5 foot 10/11 inches in height. The height of my room is roughly 93.5 - 94 inches. Once assembled, I was able to do pull ups with proper form, with a couple of inches left between my head and the ceiling when at the top of the pull-up.
2. Assembly: The assembly instructions are easy to use.
3. Workmanship: once assembled, this is a fairly solid piece of equipment. I weigh around 70kg - I did not notice any swing of the frame when I was using it.

Cons:
1. The package comes supplied with screw, nuts, wrenches and screwdrivers. Some of the wrenches do not fit correctly with the nuts - make sure you have your own toolkit with an adjustable wrench when building this.

In conclusion, this is a very good product which suits my physical build and room size. Its a good motivator for doing some exercise once I'm back from work, especially since I do not have a gym membership. With the stand you can do pull-ups, dips and leg raises for the abs - couple this with push-ups and dumbbell workouts at home and you can have quite an intense workout session in the space of an hour. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because some of the wrenches supplied do not fit correctly on the nuts, but I supplemented the equipment with my own toolkit and it was fine.
NB: make sure you have two people available when assembling this product - I did it by myself and had to frequently go back, unsrew and re-adjust parts of the frame due to lack of symmetry causing some of the components to not fit with one another. Overall, I would recommend this.
5 people found this helpful
on 4 September 2017
Personally, I think I should have spent more on a better model. This is ok for a budget buy. There are a lot of buts... Mainly around quality, assembly & the arms moving outwards under strain that's a little disconcerting at first. I tried to tighten up the bolts. Overall, if you can afford it pay more for a better piece of equipment.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 December 2016
Pleasantly surprised with the quality of this item. I'm 80kg and it feels very sturdy in use. It was very easy to build though it might be difficult for one person by themselves. Make sure you leave the bolts loose until the two halves are joined up.

I had to contact the seller about a slightly faulty part, they were very helpful, dealt promptly with email communication and sent out a replacement part within days.

All round a very good experience and I would recommend this product.
on 17 March 2017
A year on I still love my tower. It does double as a cloths horse from time to time but I really enjoy having something I can just hang off when I'm in the mood. It was fun to assemble with my friend and is always a talking point with guests. - probably puts burglars off too as can be seen in my window. >:D
on 18 September 2016
The package arrived arrived a few days early which was great. The box was soaked and damaged at one end so wasnt impressed with thr hauliers. As a result of this, three of the runber feet were missing. Toni was very quick to arrange replacements which impressed us.

The gym itself is very sturdy. I'm 6'2" and about at the 100kg so am right at the high and of the gyms capacity but it handles all functions nicely.

Assembly is simple as long as you keep all the fixing loose until its all in place.

Generally happy with my purchase.
2 people found this helpful
on 29 February 2016
This could be one of the best fitness purchases you make; the frame is solid/stable, well built, easy to build and well packaged and can be used for to incorporate many different exercises made for long term gainz!

Note:
Find yourself 2 adjustable wrenches, this isn't necessary as steel cut out tools are provided but it will make assembly easier.
on 26 February 2017
Great addition to any home gym. Dip bars are possibly a little wide for smaller females but great quality product.
on 4 March 2017
Fantastic product and easy to put together. Incredibly sturdy, especially as I am a bit of fat lad (16 stone) and there were no signs of it breaking...at one point I thought I heard some metal creaking but it turns out it was me screaming as I struggled to lift my massive body! Made me painfully aware how incredibly weak I am! Love the product, hate the aching it causes!
on 12 April 2018
I love this pull up station! The only thing I would change would be that the feet extend further to the back and sides. It will tip over easily if you put weight too far forward or on one side.