on 23 June 2015
I have been impressed by the Insight travel guides and tje photos within, so I bought the Kindle version of the book. I must say it is quite mediocre and really only suitable for beginners. There is a considerable section of the book covering the history of photography and of Insight guides. The history of photography is unnecessary for this book.
The kindle format means photos are spread over two pages also. I had to bookmark the contents list in order to navigate my way around. Unimpressed.
on 17 August 2013
Having just completed a book (on Kindle) with the same title I bought this book in order to see how the authors tackled this very broad subject.
Their approach surprised me. Where as my book has a very practical bias (i.e. it deals with issues we all face when travelling) this book takes on a much broader approach. The two books make a perfect pairing.
This Insight Guide is superb at what it does. It comes close to being a comprehensive text book on the history of photography, the techniques of photography, and the opportunities (and pitfalls) of photography in different environments.
A great read, too much to take in at one sitting but a good book to return to over and over again.
A MUST BUY FOR EVERY PHOTOGRAPHER who is interested in photography. It certainly is not limited to (but is directed towards) those whose main interest is in travel photography.
You will never find better at the price.
If you want to see my approach to the same subject please use this direct link. TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY (POPULAR GUIDES TO GREAT PHOTOGRAPHY)
on 28 July 2014
Good for the beginner wanting some tips and things to try.
on 9 June 2017
In-depth, informative and well thought out guide to travel photography. The included images are well chosen, good quality and relevant.
on 18 April 2016
Excellent
on 3 February 2012
This is a super book. Not too technical but giving a huge amount of info. on almost every subject with some delightful photos to illustrate. Any enthusiast will find something of interest.
on 20 September 2014
Excellent read if you fancy becoming a travel photographer, as I would!
on 19 October 2015
Concise travel photography guide
on 16 February 2015
An excellent informative book.
on 30 September 2011
I bought this as a present for a friend, so can't exactly comment on everything that's inside the book. However, my friend is very into her photography and was about to embark on a trip across Asia, so I thought it was appropriate. Seemed good value for money with lots of info inside and some great tips.