on 30 October 2013
I have had a series of smart phones from most manufacturers. Recently I had a HTC One x and then 'progressed' to a Samsung Galaxy S3. In some regards I had issues with both and I'm not one to follow the market so I did a bit of digging around because I'm on the 3 network and they are giving free upgrade to 4G so I needed a compatible phone. I looked at the S4 and as I detest all things Apple the iPhone was never in the equation. I know Google Purchased Motorola last year and the Nexus phone made by LG was a roaring success. However not much was said about this Razr HD. Several of my family members purchase the Razr I and had no complaints but as this isn't 4G compatible I ruled it out.
Needless to say the reviews of this phone are very positive and really the only negative is the camera. As I don't use a camera that often on a phone this was of little concern to me.
The Phone has a quality feel. The screen image is very sharp and very vivid. Straight away I achieved HPDSA+ where as the HTCOX was on HPDSA only.
This is by far the cheapest smart phone I have bought but it is in no way reduced quality. I love it and would highly recommend it.

Update: I have used this phone for a few weeks now and I must say the battery life is excellent. I easily get two days from it under pretty constant use. The SmartActions app is excellent and allows you to tailor the phones behaviour under certain circumstances. The Volume on the phone is loud. Crystal clear. I'm trying to convert friends of mine who are apple lovers over to this. Got to try :)
on 3 September 2013
Firstly - Bought this as a gift, but did use for a few days.
Not sure why Motorola dont market this phone in UK like Apple, Samsung or others do!!!!
Its just a brilliant piece of engineering - feels exquisite and posh - as its unique and has a more premium feel than a lot of other unibody ones.

The screen in brilliant and the UI is awesome. No issues with call clarity or signal strength. It was a breeze to root and factory reset :-)

Perfect size to use and great in every environment - need not be worried about the odd drizzle when talking.

The only gripe is - could have a beefed up processor - only notice it if you try to find any fault.

This phone lasted a full 5 days (left with 20% battery) after 5 days of standby use - with frequent incoming txt messages while roaming.
on 30 October 2013
Five stars, I really like this phone. I have upgraded from my trusty Motoluxe, so am familiar with the Motorola concept of building a phone to work efficiently with the benefit of good battery life. No quad core here, but does it need it? For me no, the speed and operation is excellent, a pretty standard Jellybean OS, with some nice Motorola touches but nothing that gets in the way. You can see from the product photos that it looks great with the HD screen and kevlar back, this phone is very well made and looks even better when you see it. As far as using it, I have found much improved signal strength on Orange, I can use it indoors! Whether there is a better aerial or the kevlar helps I don't know! I've had it three days now and only charged it once for the initial set up. I don't have 3G, WiFi or GPS on unless needed so lasting very well. The camera reviews online are a little critical, my photos look very good to me, good colour and sharpness. I print at 6x4 and they are perfect. I really don't know why anyone would buy an iphone now, I certainly did not consider it. I did look at the Galaxy S3 and Nexus but preferred the look of the RAZR, all in all I'm delighted with the phone performance and looks.
on 30 June 2014
Curse you Motorola! A great piece of hardware let down by lack of Android updates. I had great hopes when Motorola got bought by Google. I expected this phone to have its software maintained in a timely fashion. But no Android updates since Jan 2013.I am still on Android 4.1.2! All software needs maintenance to fix the odd glitches, slowdowns, memory leaks, security issues etc. And this phone still sells at GBP300+

Updated 30th November 2014
I got fed up with slowdowns and glitches on my Droid. There seemed to be no official upgrade forthcoming. So I bought a Moto G. Great phone, no problems with upgrades. Today I checked with The Motorola UK site for any Droid HD software upgrades. The Droid HD is no longer listed...
on 21 May 2013
I'm loving the Smart Actions option. Allows me to make the phone behave, e.g turning off sound overnight or restricting app background data when conserving battery power. I even have the option of turning sound on or off even if the handset is locked. The large internal storage is a great bonus as my previous had only about 320MB and was quickly used up in no time. Brilliant idea to have quick settings as part of the home screen swipe instead of clicking several times to get what you want such as WiFi / Bluetooth.
on 21 September 2013
It's a great phone, just the right size with a good quality screen, the wifi connection is stable and responsive and so is the mobile network.CPU speed is fine and the memory storage fits everything on I need with more to spare The quality of photographs is quite good and the panorama shot is interesting.The battery life last a day and a half to 2 days if you use the smart actions wisely. it uses the 'Mini sim' so I had to cut down to size my standard sim to fit - this was easy to do. I use a Motorola Xoom tablet PC so operationally they are very much the same, I can run the same software on my tablet on this phone which is quite good for me.If I lost it I would certainly replace it with the same!
on 9 November 2013
It does everything says on the tin - beautifully! It is fast, the display is crystal clear and use is intuitive. Battery life is very good and it has 4G.The only possible negative is the camera--it isn't as good as some but this isn't an issue for me as I use a DSLR camera to take photos and the phone only for simple snaps.
I spent a long time deciding whether to go for Apple or Android. Before buying I did some research. I do love Apple but having looked at the new i-phones as well as several Android models and wanting a sim-free phone I went for this as it is brilliant value for money and an equally beautiful design--even my i-phone owning friends agree!
on 26 November 2013
I bought this phone a month ago and use it for business. It shows good signal strength the battery lasts all day with power to spare. Screen is bright and clear. Call quality is excellent and the software is stable. I have just ordered a couple of Motorola Gs for staff. I would happily have ordered moto HDs but they are not in stock at the moment well done motorola
on 21 August 2013
If you're tired of constant charging your phone, this product is for you. It's very disappointing that razr hd maxx is not available in Europe, but this phone works excellent too.
Fast, partially waterproof and just great.
on 6 June 2015