on 1 February 2015
very interesting
on 31 March 2017
Good examples of ego states
Simple definition of transactional analysis
An easy place to start for understanding
A good read
on 8 March 2015
This book is written in pure crystal English, it takes a highly academic topic and lays it perfectly in the lap of the layman. As for content, it is quite quite brilliant. Never again will you query those interactions with others that leave you feeling befuddled, bemused, confused or darn right emotional, wether it be sad, angry etc. Yes as you can guess, I highly recommend this book. It has been an absolute boon, I have two very difficult and quite hurtful relationships that have to be ongoing, I can now say they are on a much more manageable and less stressful footing.
on 15 April 2013
I found this very brief, was hoping for the author to use real life examples. Good as a brief introduction for those who do not understand transactional analysis.
on 6 May 2015
This short read gives a great introduction to Transactional Analysis, and includes excerpts from which to consider the materials discussed. The material is presented well in easy-to-read chunks without any 'technobabble'.

Holden introduces each ego state and their positive/negative characteristics, then offers a fictitious scenario from which to identify the traits you have just read about. By asking the reader to involve themselves in this way, it makes the content of the book come to life; I found myself considering my own life experiences and what ego states were at play.

I feel the book would have earned the fifth star if there were a few more 'life' or 'realistic' examples included to help and encourage the reader to identify ego states in the real world.

As I've said, the length of the book and content is great as an introduction, and having whet my appetite, I intend to read deeper into the subject :)
on 31 March 2015
If you don't know anything about the Ego States, it's very simply explained. If you do, it wont give you anything additional that you haven't read before.
on 8 May 2014
This really is bite sized or perhaps more of a nibble. I was expecting a little more content rather than the very concise text offered.
on 20 December 2013
Again I realised after getting and reading that TA Today main discourse was necessary to slot these smaller chunks into place
on 2 March 2015
A short but informative book. It helps to make the Ego States clearer to understand. Handy for college students.
on 2 November 2015
This book is very easy to read and also very short. It's a great book to have a first approach on the subject as it doesn't really go into details but provide sufficient information to understand the whole picture. Why did I rate it 4 out of 5? Just because I felt like I needed more, I needed more to read about it and thought that the ending wasn't great.