Customer reviews

Judge Dredd: The Day The Law Died
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.99

on 8 November 2012
The story of "The Day The Law Died" is a cracker and follows on directly from The Cursed Earth although you don't have to read one to appreciate the other.
The artwork is great but this is not the place to appreciate it.
Being printed in a paperback sized book means the art and script are quite small and difficult to read.
For a Dredd 'beginner' this is a fine place to start but if you enjoy this book then I suggest you switch formats to the Complete Case Files where the art and script have room to breathe.
The story itself is worth five stars but I have deducted a star for the format.
on 1 February 2013
Well to start with these series of the Judge that shall not be seen are excellent for reading while travelling, near enough pocket size and packed to the hilt with the man himself.

This particular story is something else, I think those expecting anything like 'Dredd' will be a bit confused, the violence is there, but its not played in such an ultraviolent in your face way.

I love it, you'll love it... if you don't then Judge Fish will have you stripped to your boxers with only your judges helmet to keep some modesty.
on 13 October 2012
...So book, how do you plead?!

First off, I found this book to be completely legible even with the fact that it's pocket sized. I did struggle once or twice to make some text out, but it was my fault for trying to read it in failing light... I just couldn't put it down, a true testament to how much of a page turner this book is. The artwork and the story are both top-notch as you should expect coming from 2000AD, and it is also great to see how different artists interpret the image of Dredd.

...On the charge of being Unreadable, I find you... NOT GUILTY!!!
VINE VOICEon 1 December 2012
Within this title Dredd sets out to free Mega City One from the tyrannical rule of the Chief Judge and all that really needs to be said is that this book really stands out on its own for readers. It has a great storyline, some wonderful tiwsts which when blended with cracking artwork really grabs the reader and holds on.

As with the others my only criticism is that for me, the writing is too small to make it easy reading, but other than that its still a wonderful addition to any 2000AD fans collection.
on 7 August 2012
A fantastic story from the early days of 2000AD. This one certainly brought in more of Mega City One into the limelight and introduced us to the feared SJS. The judges who judge the Judges. This book is a great way to introduce new readers (and the children who have never grown up with the mighty 2000AD) to the world of JUDGE DREDD. ZARJAZ.
on 10 February 2017
Classic Dredd, fantastic artwork and story-telling at a great price.It's been 39 years since this story captivated me as a 10 year old awaiting my weekly instalment in 2000AD.This is an essential chapter in the history of Dredd and a 'must read' for any true fan.Hail Judge Dredd!May your Lawgiver always fire true!
on 25 January 2003
What can i say? reading this book was fantastic, bringing back memories of when i read it in the original 2000AD comic,
And the amazing way John Howard translate's the original Emperor Caligula's insanity, into a story that gives the modern Judge Cal's 'strangeness' quite an historic twist if you will, which will give the reader a truly interesting 'can't put this book down'tale.
I don't really want to give out too much info on the actual storyline as most 'Dreddists' like myself already know it.
However for all you novices out there, all i will say is
trust me on this- if this doesn't turn your curiosity of Dredd's adventures into an addiction to find more & more stories of perhaps one of the most respected AND longest running comic icons in a British publication,then Baby you're REALLY missing out on one of life's best experiences.
So please don't take my word for it, just make sure you put it on your list of 'books I MUST read before I die' list.
on 12 August 2013
I'll admit, I'm a sucker for Judge Dredd and have been since I was a kid. The comic format was, at times, difficult to read with my ageing eyes but I enjoyed the never say die storyline that is so Joe Dredd.
On to the next.....
on 18 February 2013
Took this from an Amazom Wish List for a family memeber who assures me that it is perfect; especially as I bought the others in the series to go with it.
on 12 June 2013
Stands up well to a re reading considering the last time I read it I was around 10 years old. John Wagner's first epic if I remember.