on 16 April 2017
love it
on 17 January 2013
The man is back. What a wonderful song, I can't wait for the album. Very melancholic and haunting. I feel Davis has many more gifts to bring
on 13 January 2013
This unexpected new track is going to be well received by starving Bowie fans. It was believed that health issues had caused retirement and so this is a wonderful surprise. The song seems to be a nostalgic portrait of Berlin in the 1970's, the period when Bowie produced his highly rated trio of albums, 'Low', 'Heroes' and 'Lodger'. It feels like a love letter to Berlin and the reflective lyrics are downtempo and soothing. It's great to know that Bowie sounds as good as ever and the melody gets stronger with each listen. It's a dignified return and it will be interesting to see if the forthcoming album has also been conceived as a reflective look-back over his amazing career. I will look forward to that, possibly with some sadness, as it already feels like a 'final album' from one of the greatest artists Britain has ever produced.
on 13 March 2013
When he released this out of the blue I felt compelled to download it through a sense of duty for his past wondestry almost. Even though it seemed a tad dull at first. Now though..........
I adore this choon. For a while I thought it sucked too but what do i know. I bow down to the thin white duck in all his eminence, lets face it the blokes a certified genius.
on 13 January 2013
Brilliant, I am not a Bowie fan but he has excelled himself with this one. Can't wait for the album to be released
on 13 January 2013
Thank god for the return of one (probably the best) songwriter of my generation. Having been one of those who has followed him throughout his illustrious career he's back with a bang! Listen to it a few times and it becomes very prophetic of his age and the current climate we are now going through. I just can't wait for his album, and have ordered it on Vinyl and CD.
on 15 January 2013
Classic Bowie with the distinctive Visconti sound. It recalls the likes of Fantastic Voyage and Slip Away but also sounds a little like how Thursday's Child could have sounded had Tony Visconti produced it (a great shame that he didn't do this album), and yet sounds fresh and new at the same time. Perhaps an odd choice for a single, but considering it entered the charts at No.6, and half the sales weren't counted due to a free giveaway, perhaps it wasn't such a bad move after all.
Looking forward to some more uplifting tracks on the album which promises to be a good one, although I'm a bit disappointed with the proposed sleeve design, which is unfulfilling and only detracts from the original classic Heroes cover. A clever concept, but it doesn't work for me. Notwithstanding this though, I'm sure the album tracks won't disappoint, and I understand the follow up is already under way with four tracks already completed. Dare we hope for another trilogy?
on 13 January 2013
After resigning to the fact that Bowie would never release any new material again I couldn't believe it when this little gem was quietly released in the early hours of his 66th birthday. And what a treat it is too. Reflective, mesmerizing and emotional, a fantastic ballad that I just had to listen to again and again. It's left me craving for more and I can't wait for the release of the new album on March 11th. Welcome back David, you have been missed.
on 15 January 2013
OK, so I'm a self-confessed Bowie-ite!
Where Are We Now is a masterpiece, he makes no attempt to disguise his maturing vocals or, indeed, go with the hip and funky dude-set. He has no need to and I admire his honesty and integrity. Can't wait for The Next Day.
on 25 January 2013
I have never been a great fan of David Bowie, but generally enjoyed his music. When I first heard this song I was a little surprised and uncertain about it. I have now heard it about 20 times on Radio 2 and cannot believe how a song can grow on you. It is very beautifull, whistful and sad, perfectly produced and sung - not overlong either. I really believe it is a masterpiece. There are a few 'perfect' pieces of music such as All Right now/Free and Without You/Harry Nilsson, this song is also perfect and couldn't be bettered. Sung from the heart and with emotion, good on you Mr Bowie.