on 21 February 2013
I purchased this as a gift for my partner who rather likes Lego.

The item arrives in a small plastic bag, which annoying can not be resealed. Inside the bag you will find a set of clear instructions will all the construction blocks you need. Putting the box together was simple and fun.

I decided putting the box together prior to giving to my partner as I thought it would be sweet to add a small surprise inside it. I'm glad I did as the internal compartment is very small and is really only the correct size for a stack of passport photos. The inside chamber isn't even large enough to house a standard Lego man.

I still gave the product to my partner as gift, however he did make a few comments regarding it. The mini heart-like motif on the front doesn't act as a sturdy handle for opening the swivel lid, and this at first made him think it would function as a simple twist lock for the case - from past Lego kits we both knew this could be done, even if the lock wasn't great. My partner also commented on why two of the blocks where made from white Lego rather than red, particularly when they are mostly hidden behind the mini heart handle.

Nonetheless, he still found it a cute gift, and it was well received. It is high quality (like most official Lego), and very fun to take apart and reconstruct or on occasion build into something new and creative.