I just love this series of five (currently) books by S J Paris. Giordano Bruno is our unlikely hero working as a spy in ever more dangerous situations. I won't spoil things by giving away the plot. But I would strongly advise you read this series in the correct order - it makes following everything so much easier and an even more compelling read. Once I start one these books, I can't put it down. Its a brilliant read. If you like the "Shardlake" series by C J Sansom, you'll love these too. Highly recommended.
on 9 June 2017
not as compelling as the first 2 books.. I found it a bit tedious at times and tended to skip the text. However, a reasonable plot, albeit a tad predictable, but I enjoyed the historical references and trust the non-fictional characters were true and reasonably realistically drawn.
on 25 June 2017
I love this series. The possible liberties that Parris might take with historical characters does not trouble me at all - this is highly readable, enjoyable fiction, not a history book. I think they are great characters, and this is a superb read. Highly recommended.
on 30 April 2017
The fourth book in the Giordano Bruno series has pace and a more certain hand. Still somewhat confused towards the denouement as if the author couldn't decide which solution to offer the reader. Nevertheless it approaches Sansoms skilful certainty with period.
on 26 June 2017
He knows how to get to the truth and sticks his neck out more than once
on 30 May 2017
Excellent book - well written and enjoyable
on 14 June 2017
Good value quick service thank you
on 6 June 2017