on 3 June 2017
GOOD BOOK I FELT I WAS IN THE CELL WITH HER
on 6 July 2017
Great holiday read ... loved this couldn't put it down
on 7 August 2014
I got this book imagining it would be similar to that of other innocents that have been incarcerated abroad, it's actually the story of a silly selfish woman who abused drugs and alcohol in the extreme. Not particularly interesting or thought provoking, certainly not worth the money!
on 26 April 2017
If you're buying this book because it being a true story - don't bother, I lived in Tenerife for 23 years and my husband worked as a club manager in Veronica's strip where Terry Daniels 'worked'. The fat slime ball, medallion man Antonio who 'took advantage' of her happened to be a friend of ours as did his wife and 4 year old daughter. Yes she's absolutely right that he had started smoking crack - I say started because in the 8 years we'd been friends it was only the last 4-6 months that his cocaine habit had changed from snorting the drug to smoking it and that's when his life begin to spiral out of control. The reason he felt he had no choice but to do this drug run was because the people involved had allowed him to run up a debt that was impossible for him to repay and the safety of his family was being threatened. It wasn't a decision taken lightly by any stretch of the imagination and much as we begged him not to do it he felt there was no other way. My husband and I were actually in Tony's office in the club on one of the occasions Terry was there, she'd gone into the room next door to take drugs with Tony and they were talking and laughing about 'their holiday' they were going on and discussing how much money they would be making on top of their all expenses paid holiday. The story's changed a bit hasn't it! The main selling point of this book is that she is a holiday maker who was wrongly arrested for trafficking drugs that she knew nothing about - I mean really? Does she think we're all that ignorant and that people like myself that were actually there are not going to challenge her version. If she hadn't spent so much time blaming Tony and everyone else throughout the book I wouldn't have bothered correcting her claim of knowing nothing of the drugs until the police opened the bag full of them. Fair enough if you're lucky enough to have the person you're travelling with willing to take the blame then go ahead, but to write a book slagging the person off afterwards absolutely stinks. I haven't even read the whole book yet as I refused point blank to put any money in her greedy pockets by buying it, the only reason I've now ordered it is because the price is 1p - don't think she'll get much from that. I can't comment on the rest of her claims in the book but if this part of the story is so clearly a load of lies I can only assume the rest is too. I have to hand it to her she's managed to fool a few people by throwing in lies with true events so as to keep the story real but it is exactly that, a story : a work of fiction/complete lies, but then who would buy the book if she were portrayed as the greedy, dishonest and plain nasty scum that she actually is.
How different her the story would be if Tony hadnt protected her by saying she was nothing to do with it.
I wonder if she's still in recovery from her addictions because to maintain freedom from addiction requires complete honesty and I don't believe she has an honest bone in her body....
*the only reason I've given this drivel 1star is because you can't give zero
on 22 April 2014
Her poor mum. What a selfish girl, take responsibility, grow up. It seems like it's always Wrong place wrong time when she does it to herself.
on 25 November 2013
This was the most boring book I have ever read. I just didn't relate to the author at all and could not believe she was really that naïve!. I expected the book to tell the story of the authors time in a Spanish prison however, it is almost an after thought. Feel like I wasted part of my life reading this book.
on 26 April 2014
I gave up half way through this book I wish now I has read all of the previous comments before purchasing

I found the book to be slow and boring. I cannot believe that someone would have 2 prison sentences hanging over their head and be completely innocent,

The prison situation in Northern Ireland took away any compassion I may have regarding the drugs issue in Spain.

For me, total waste of money.
on 8 February 2014
I hate this person, she should have been left to rot in prison for the way she treated her dear mother.
on 31 July 2014
I was extremely disappointed and insulted by this book. This author must think we readers are stupid if we believe this tale. An admitted drug user and alcohol abuser (who now says she is clean) who is trying to manipulate the truth and make money out of her story - and story is what I believe it is. She wants us to believe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time - not just once but several times. She put herself in those places with her behaviour and, if not actually 'guilty' she is certainly culpable. Her family have been amazing for her and how does she repay them? By taking more and more money off them and not being there when they needed her. Selfish!
on 14 February 2014
Terry was just a wild teenager but went off the rails and fell in with a bad crowd. Has happened to many kids. The real heroine is Terry's mother Pat who has pulled her out of the mess.