This was free when I downloaded it and I assume always will be as it is a very very short read-only 8 pages in the font size that I have set on my kindle. The story is okay-she is a very good writer-but don't buy expecting a short story it is a prequel of sorts and the rest is taken up by the first chapter of You Are Next.
on 26 May 2013
A good writer whose previous books I've really enjoyed, but this really is a rip-off, even for only 77p. Bearing in mind you can buy many complete stories on kindle for this price or only a little more, I did expect this would be a reasonable size. In fact, it is literally only a few pages and the blurb tells you the whole story. Karin comes home and finds her family have been killed. End of short story. The rest is the first chapter of her novel, which you'll get anyway when you buy that book, so basically you are paying for something that takes about 5 -10 mins maximum to read. I don't usually write reviews but I notice this has a very high star rating - however, when you look at the high reviews, they seem to be general ones about this author and not about The Domino Killer, so the rating is very misleading. This is my attempt to redress the balance.
on 22 March 2014
This is billed as a "short story" which is very true! I have never read a shorter one! About 5 pages! Then an excerpt from another book. Oh well!
on 26 August 2013
A very disappointing read. I expected more! There was no story...it was the first chapter of a book and so that makes it very expensive. Don't buy.
on 12 June 2013
I am confused in that, I am now not sure if there is a full book called the Domino Killer?
Disapointed, as I have purchased a selection of books by KL on my Daughters recommendation, and feel cheated paying for what is just a chapter!
I also wrote briefly to Amazon and received no reply.
on 22 October 2013
This was a good introduction to the usually very gripping stories by the author but I wish I had read the reviews at it is not worth buying when you need to buy the follow up to this story which will give you the same information, I had finished it in 10 minutes and felt it was a rip off!
on 12 June 2013
I had started to read the sequel, 'You are Next', when reading about this it appeared to be the book before, in actual fact it was one paragraph about the story set and then one paragraph from 'You are Next' (which I had already read) Did not consider good value for money.
on 10 June 2014
Complete waste of money, ok only 77p that should give you a clue, the story is less than 5 pages, she arrives home to find family murdered. That's the story, so just skip this purchase and go straight into the next book entitled You are next
on 4 July 2013
This was the first Katia Lief book I have read. It was a great introduction to Karin Schaffer. An Ex-cop with an awful past trying to make a future. It was fast paced and tense and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Cant wait to read the next one!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2016
Come on Katia, bit of a piss take charging people for the 5 pages, more fool me, i suppose. I had already read all your books and thought I'd missed the domino killer! Surely not. Good seriously short story!