on 3 November 2015
Firstly the product looks much better than the picture. It's heavier than expected and looks really smart.
Set up instructions were easy to follow - although I didn't need to take all the steps outlined in the booklet, iphone paired immediately without needing a passcode and step 4 didn't happen!
2 cables are included, one for charging (small usb - but no plug with it) and an in-out lead. Product was charged on arrival.
Sound quality very good - the manufacturer recommends you play on low for the first 30 minutes of use, even at that level sound is far better than through the iphone itself.
You can control the music by forward/rewind/stop/play buttons on the speaker.
It can also be used as a hands free kit - the play button also acts as a button for answering/rejecting calls. I've tested it on incoming calls and the sound quality is good, but you do need a microphone for it. Theres a good non-slip base on the product but it would need some sort of holder for use in a car.
Was very impressed with this product - I've bought wired speakers for the same price which were no-where near as good!

I received this item free in exchange for an honest review.
on 1 December 2015
Excellent item - sound seems very good considering the dimensions. I have used the speaker for almost a month now with no issues and cannot fault any aspect of its construction or operation. Use has primarily been in the kitchen - it has proved a very handy thing! I obtained this at a discount (to try and review). I see that the speaker is now on offer at £10 and I feel that this is good value. August MS425 - Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Microphone - Powerful Wireless Speaker and Mobile Phone Hands Free Kit - Compatible with iPhones, Samsung, Galaxy,Nokia, HTC, Blackberry, Google, LG, Nexus, iPad, Tablets, Mobile Phones, Smartphones, PC's, Laptops etc I received this item at a heavily discounted price in exchange for my honest evaluation and review.
on 7 July 2013
I dont often give feedback, but this is so good I had to.
Fist of all it arrived quickly and minutes before my last bike ride, so I got it out of its box turned it on, found it was charged so linked it to my iPhone in seconds - no messing about at all.

I guess that the prime reason to but this is as a small portable but fixed speaker and it does that function well, but I bought it to go on my bike (didn't want to use earphones because of traffic etc) and it is perfect. Start the music on my iphone, which is also connected to my garmin via bluetooth, put the phone away in the backpack (both connections seen to co-exist happily) and off I go, there is more than enough volume and as a bonus, I can answer the phone too.
on 28 February 2015
If i could give this damn thing 10 stars then I would. You have to buy one of these just so you can take pride in ownership. It just works. It's a thing of f##king beauty in so many ways I am buying another next week so i can go stereo. £11 including shipping to my door in just 2 days and what a gadget this is. It's the Iphone of the bluetooth speaker world. Beautiful to behold powerfull for what it is and cheap. A excellent device brought to you buy and equally excellent company. No I don't work for them but I really love this bit of kit. Buy it now. You wont regret it. The first 5 star rating I have ever given. What a find for the price. You will fall in love with it. It just works no dramas and it's gorgeous! Does what it claims and does it in style. Very happy.
on 6 September 2015
This speaker is great. My CD player in my jeep died a while back and I didn't want to pay for a new one so bought this Bluetooth speaker to use instead. The speaker charges quickly and lasts for hours. I think I charged it once and it lasted me weeks. It connects quickly and effortlessly to my mobile phone, not to mention it's loud. I'm very happy with this product and recommend to anyone looking for a small sized but powerful portable speaker.
on 28 January 2014
Just received the August MS425B Bluetooth Speaker this morning and i have to say that i was expecting something that was really tinny in sound quality and also something that was a bit on the cheapside as it only cost £15.
I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG IN MY LIFE!!!!!.
Believe me!!!! This is superb without a doubt and the best £15 i have ever spent.
The Sound Quality on this piece of kit is absolutely AMAZING!!!! and no distortion or tinniness whatsoever and the sound has a real punch to it for such a small device.
It is dead easy to set up with Bluetooth and will take all of 10 seconds and you can walk a good distance and it still plays but this little gem has to be the bargain of the year.
The design of the August MS425B is also a major highlight as it is really compact and looks very cool and it also comes in different colors as well but i opted for the Black one.
I have tried the Bose Soundlink in it's store but that costs about £160 but this little thing not only looks cooler but is more compact and does the job also.

Pros
Superb Design
Superb Sound Quality (No Distortion or Tinniness)
Easy Set Up
Very Compact
Different Colors to choose from!!!
The Price £15

Cons
None Whatsoever!!!!
on 28 October 2015
I am grateful for receiving this product in exchange for my honest review.
I gave this to my daughter to test and she loves it. It is great value for money. She initially said that it was quite heavy but she is fine with that. It has easy instructions to follow and it is easy and quick to set up. The instructions state to use it at low volume for the first 30 minutes which we did then we turned up the volume and we were very impressed with the quality of the sound. Lovely little product.
on 29 October 2015
This speaker is great value for money. It is compact making it easy to take around with you (key point of a portable speaker!) and it is sturdy too so I am happy to let my children use it. It looks pretty smart too I think. I would happily take this on holiday with me as nice and light too. The sound quality is also surprisingly good. For the price this is seriously good. It is easy to use - it connected immediately and automatically to my phone. Nothing more to say apart from a great little present to give and I would be happy to receive this!

I did receive this product in return for an honest review but it has not affected my opinion at all because I really think this little speaker is great!
on 25 April 2015
GREAT. UNTIL IT STOPPED WORKING THE NEXT DAY. No more power. Couldn't bring it back to life. Waste of money. This is the MS425R. HOWEVER I also bought a second which turned out to be the ms425g. And this works fine. So make sure you get the 425"G"!
on 29 October 2015
As a person who loves my gadget I was pleased when I got asked to review this item. It arrived quickly and came in a nice box. Unpacking the speaker it had a nice feel to and it and was a good weight. The next day I had chance to try it out, it was easy to use and paired with my iPad without any issue, however once the music started playing I was disappointed, it was very bassy and the sound distorted at a relatively low volume. I might use it for watching movies on my iPad but for me this speaker is a no no for playing music.