on 27 December 2013
Very stylish, well made yet simple trenchcoat with clean lines albeit with less detailing than the expensive versions such as Burberry, Aquascutum etc. The colour is nice, a neutral military green but it doesn't look too army surplus. It will also go with just about any other colours.
If you're 6 ft tall order the extra long. I m 6 ft and very skinny, I find the size 38 is true to size with enough room to wear a suit jacket under. If you're well built I advise you consider ordering a size up.
Fabric is wool gaberdine so it's warmer than other trenchcoats which are often made from cotton or polyester. It also has the advantage of better performance in the rain. There's a detachable lining made from cotton. I think it would be fairly easy to customize this coat and change the lining for something a bit warmer. However, if you're wearing something warm underneath this coat should be comfortable in most temperate winter climates.
This really is a classic wardrobe staple which can be dressed up or down. For the price this coat is astonishing value for money, even with it being army surplus stock which has clearly never been worn. 'New' trenchcoats from the department stores cost upwards of £150.00, that's if they happen to be 'in'. The last time I bought a trenchcoat was about ten years ago. None of the chain stores were selling them. The only store where I could find one was Acquascutum and it cost £100's.
I take my clothes and style very seriously and I don't as a rule like cheap clothes but this is an incredibly chic and stylish bargain and in my view is all the trenchcoat any man will need.
on 17 November 2013
Very fast delivery - very high quality US-issued 100% wool Gaberdine trench coat. A few cycles on wool wash setting with lots of fabric conditioner helped remove the mouldy smell. Not too bothered about that, as I got it for a "posh tramp" fancy dress outfit!

Btw, a modern Burberry equivalent (Burberry invented gabardine) would set you back up to £5000..
on 20 March 2013
This product is amazing, as good as "New Original Czech Army Issue Military Trench Coat" from the same seller but thicker and with different color, slightly different style - it's more discreet. It has a removable inner liner.
Its sizing system is almost as same as "New Original Czech Army Issue Military Trench Coat", very typical British sizing system. XS 34" Regular (Recommended because you can tailor it later if you find it longer than expected) or Short is good for someone with around 5 ft 7 height and around 130 pounds with relatively long legs.
on 25 January 2015
Excellent coat, arrived promptly. Nice shape and fit with a timeless style, just the right length too (I'm 5'9 and bought a 36 reg.). The buttons and belt are great too - the belt's not too long either, so you can wear the coat with it undone. It will keep you quite warm and it performed well in the rain. The deep pockets in the front are perfect for a pair of leather gloves, or a wallet and phone. When you receive the coat, I recommend removing the liner and placing both in a bath of cold water with some fabric conditioner. After rinsing, hang them above the bath to drip dry, then let them air outside. This should leave the coat smelling fresh (as wool acquires a smell over time) and also remove any creases. If the coat gets wet again, I recommend leaving it to dry completely before putting in a cupboard or closet.

Overall, a very practical and well made coat, great for winter and spring.
on 7 February 2014
You won't get a coat of this quality for this price anywhere I know of.
Heavy wool coat and will need a spot of ironing.
Zipped removable liner included.

Delivery was fast.
(I had a problem with the belt and it was replaced within three days.)
on 5 January 2015
I placed my order for this coat on 1st January and am delighted to say that it arrived just five days later. The first thing I noticed when being handed the parcel was how heavy it was and that was all down to the coat as the packaging was a grey plastic covering. I tried it on immediately and was surprised at how little it had creased. The length was as I expected as I wanted a long trench coat and this came to mid calf - I am 5' 9 1/2". The fit is excellent with sufficient room for a jacket and the sleeves extend to just beyond the wrist and so just the right length. The wool inner lining is attached by zip and is therefore removable. The outer material is exceptional quality as is the stitching.

I searched the internet before seeing this coat and the nearest I came to was a long stone coloured trench coat from M&S at about eight times the price. Needlesstosay, I am absolutely delighted with my purchase here and regard it as one of the best I have made. Thank you Amazon.
on 16 October 2014
This coat. Is amazing value. The quality is exceptional and for the price amazing. The coat fit me perfectly and is warm and cozy perfect for the winter. Am 5,9 with a slim build so I ordered the 34 long the coat comes to my knee and perfect fit on the sleeves. If you are the same build as me but would want to were it over a suit jacket I would go a size up. The delivery was swift to.
on 22 June 2013
CLASSY LOOKING GARMENT.. SLIGHT PROBLEM WITH STITCHING.OTHERWISE 5 STARS.I LIKE THE COLOUR AND THE RETRO LOOK. PROMISES TO BE EFFECTIVE AT KEEPING WINTER COLD AT BAY
on 16 January 2015
First up, received in under 48 hours using standard delivery. Second, not at all musty from storage and minor creases dropped out within 24 hours. Totally unused, even down to label still being sewn on the sleeve. No signs of damage or wear from what I can see

Used it a couple of mornings so far and very warm and keeps the worst of the wind at bay

In terms of fit I'm 5' 9" and wear a 40 Reg suit - with the lining fitted this is snug but not tight over a suit and comes to a couple of inches below the knee (I ordered 40 Reg) - just perfect

So for under 40 quid with postage I got a very warm, stylish, good fitting coat which also has the added bonus of being pretty much the same as the one I had as a 15 / 16 year old Mod in the very early 80s!
on 7 August 2015
Fantastic outercoat, I looked fabulous while walking in the snow, like a boss, kept me warm to a large extent, out of the grip of minor snow storms I met in winter Norway, would recommend, although the weight of this coat is equivalent of the amount of work my boss throws at me.