on 8 February 2014
Aside from the slightly problematic issue of apps crashing every-so-often; it's a wonderful phone if you go out in the rain a lot or love to bathe but hate your inability to use a phone at the same time, or just want to frighten your friends by dunking it in your drink.
Laugh as other plebs who didn't spend inordinate amounts of money on their phone shield them from the rain, and never worry about water damage again.
Just make sure you close the flaps properly, otherwise karma will slap you in the face with a wet fish.
on 27 June 2017
Have had nothing but trouble with this phone since i bought it.
The charger connector keeps breaking, and so far i have had to have 3 new ones replaced, it has cost me nothing but money.
never again .
on 28 August 2017
Arrived on time and the granddaughter is really pleased with it
on 25 April 2014
very quick delivery. good size to handle well worth the money only thing is I would have liked to have received a reciet for my money
on 21 May 2015
Horrible battery life. Phone returned back.
on 4 February 2014
Please be careful if considering purchasing this admittedley great looking phone.
Since the most recent Android update pushed by Sony, the phone has turned into a barely useable glass brick. Battery issues, bluetooth ceasing to work at all, locking up, and a constant requirement to "hard-reset" the device make it a very expensive paperweight indeed.
For a device that was Sony's "flagship" phone barely a year ago, these issues are unforgiveable. Yes, the photo's are great, but that's no use when you lose them all when the device requires a complete rebuild is it? Yes, it waterproof, but what good is that when you need to open the side hatch to constantly recharge the thing? (yes, a cradle is available, at Sony's usual, extreme mark up!).
One valuable tip, if you do buy one, set up all your apps/photos/media/contacts to be saved on the removable memory card, that way, when the phone fails (which it will...and Sony will be of no help) at least you can run card recovery software and get your stuff back that way...if you save it on the phone's internal memory, then it's gone...another Sony "innovation" is not letting you access the phone's internal memory (like Samsung and most other Android devices do) for recovery purposes.
on 1 March 2013
I have never owned a Sony phone, preferring in recent years to use a series of HTC's and more recently Samsung's (S2, Note and Note 2) so for me it was a big decision to give this a try as my main phone.

I received the phone this week with high expectations following several positive previews. Having been used to the Samsung Note, the size of the Sony was not a surprise or an issue. I have actually found it to be far more manageable using it with one hand compared to the Note. Still be warned this is a big and quite heavy device so won't be for everyone.

The main 'WOW' factor however is the stunning screen. I'm not going to get technical but visually this is the best quality screen both in terms of touch experience and clarity. Text is sharp and clear and easy to read and the colours are vibrant and brilliant. Watching movies on this is a joy and its very impressive.

The flaps over all the ports can get a little irritating especially the one on the charging port which you have to remove every time you plug in, but this is my only design gripe on what is a beautiful device.

Sony have kept the Android experience reasonably pure adding a few of their own widgets and apps but have not messed around too much. Its quick and never lags, so you can be confident it will handle anything.

I have added a 64GB MicroSD card to top up the 16GB it comes with and it works perfectly even though Sony states it will only handle 32GB cards....lovely!

Its supposed to be water resistant but I will let other reviewers comment on this as I'm not about to dunk this in my fish tank! I will just have to trust Sony on this one :-)

Now to the possible deal breaker, battery life. Its average at best. I am charging with about 10-15% remaining at the end of each day and I consider myself a heavy user. My Note II had a much better battery and I could easily get day and a half out of it so this may be a problem for some. I'm used to charging daily so not an issue for me but keep that charger handy!

One final slight criticism, why oh why did Sony ship their flagship phone with the out of date Android OS (4.1.2)??? Hopefully an update coming soon but its a silly decision from Sony in my opinion.

In summary this is a great looking, well-made and premium device and its great to have another major manufacturer in the game and making decent Android phones. I loved my Samsung's but to be honest got a little bored with the plastic materials they used and much prefer overall feel and quality build of the Sony.

I strongly recommend this phone and despite some minor niggles am very pleased with my purchase.
1313 Comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2015
I used to be a huge fan of Sony, however I have the device quoted here - I am now looking at a nice shiny black useless piece of tech - the phones main screen has two hairline cracks within it - meaning the screen doesn't respond to touch in the effected area - additionally the micro SD card (additional memory) within the phone is damaged (not readable in other viable devices) - these two things combined I believe is down to the device overheating (this is just my opinion) - I recently updated to the latest Lollipop software & have had many issues post this (including a very hot handset) - re-sets of the device for example - my device has lasted just over two years which is a plus point but I would expect what is supposed to be a premier phone/brand to last much longer - I could pursue the issue with my phone which was not purchased through Amazon (Supply Of Goods act etc) as it is supposed to be viable for 6 years but I don't want the expense of potential paying for replacement parts which on reading the many forums out there has the potential to fail again - merely adding as an advisory here for any one considering buying this phone - don't get me wrong its a great device but I was flawed when it failed with little or no warning of the imminent failure. I am talking to Sony - I don't expect any change here but if positive moves are made on their behalf then I'll update here. Further update Sony have now repaired my phone free of charge - this has greatly aided me and is much appreciated :-)
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2013
I'm really happy with this phone - it's beautifully made and works perfectly. I've had it a year now and can't fault it. It is pretty much perfect: it never crashes, freezes or hangs, and it's the first phone I've had that actually works like it's meant to work! There's no point saying any more - there are plenty of techy reviews out there and I'm not going to add to them!
on 7 September 2017
I have got this phone for already 4,5 years and still it works perfectly and it's in perfect condition. Many people ask me when about am I changing it and they all get the same answer... What for? I will change it when it dies, and I don't think that happens soon. 😁😁😁