on 16 March 2014
This is the first compact digital camera I've bought in a long time as I use DSLR's, but needed a compact for work.

There's a huge array of different built-in filters and scene setting options which work really well. In-camera editing used to result in really naf-looking photos, but the various options on the samsung produce great results.

Part of the reason I bought this is because I wanted a compact that shot good digital video, and this definitely does the trick. Video quality and sound is fantastic, and the fact that the optical zoom works whilst filming and is nice and quiet is a big bonus.

The battery life seems to be very good, and it can charge from just plugging in to my laptop's USB port. This is a great advantage for anyone else who travels a lot and doesn't want to have to take a travel adapter for every electrical item.

150F VS 250F?

I did look at the 150F as a cheaper option, but the reviews on image quality were quite poor. A lot of this seems to be due to the fact that the 150 used a Schneider Kreuznach lens, which produced fairly low quality results. The 250F now uses a samsung lens, and gives you much better image quality. Photos are sharp, and the lack of purple fringing on images that a lot of cameras would struggle with, really impressed me.

WiFi

The fact that you can connect via WiFi to a smart phone and transfer images, and use your phone as a live-view controller to take photos from is really cool. I can take a quick snap on the camera, transfer it to my phone and upload to instagram quickly and easily. It's nice that this isn't something limited to samsung smart phones - I use a Motorola Razr i, and it works great for this.

All in all, for £100, this is a great quality camera that produces fantastic results, and has a wide array of built in options and wifi utilities that make it a really great buy.
on 19 May 2013
I spent a long time researching this type of camera and while only 2nd on my final list of features the Samsung came 1st on available price and newness of model. It is great for carrying at all times and the 18x zoom is ideal for wildlife etc. Picture quality is very good and the touch screen makes usage very easy. Wi-Fi backup to PC is great and I'm sure the other wifi features will be useful when I get around to them. Very stylish but It would have been better if the hold surface at the front(inner side of bulge) had a similar texture to the thumb hold surface (by the video button) as it can be slippy NB I always use the wrist strap because of this. All in all very happy with camera after 9 days/50 shots usage.
55 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2013
very easy to use - just point and shoot - haven't had much time to study any additional features, although it does seem to be extremely good at taking pictures on the move (for example from a tour bus) it seems to focus and even if you click after you move it still seems to keep the focus somehow.
on 15 October 2013
I "ummed and ahhed" over buying this camera for quite sometime but eventually did so. It arrived quite quickly considering it is imported - within one week. Although I haven't had a chance to use it extensively yet I am delighted with it. It was so easy to use and set up and the pictures I have taken so far seem excellent. Very easy to connect to wifi and I soon had a photograph on Facebook!
on 25 November 2014
I am simply amazed by the quality of pictures and videos this little thing can do. I'm not a photography geek, but I travel a lot and like to take pictures wherever I go and this thing is just perfect. On a recent trip to Canada I showed my Niagara falls pics to my photography geek mate and he was impressed at how good they were and has since decided to buy one. Absolutely great little camera and the videos are really good quality too, the sound is a lot better than I thought it would be too. The pictures taken when fully zoomed in are also excellent quality.
review image review image review image
on 23 July 2013
Easy to use, good pictures, good connectivity with iPAD etc via wifi for transfering of pictures, or external picture taking. Good range of picture modes, large display, great zoom. The only small negative is that the charger is US and comes with a crappy adaptor.
on 2 September 2013
This camera is an excellent camera when working properly, at first i had problems with transferring images wirelessly to PC after a firmware upgrade, as the connection kept getting dropped. This problem was relevant in the first week of purchase. Now its working smoothly and my last 3 file transfers of large amounts of files have been smooth without problems. All other features are working correctly, and i particularly love the photo share option, where u can transfer pictures directly to smart phones that are connected to this cameras WI-fi. This camera is ideal for those who want good quality pictures, and an easier and hassle free way of transferring images. I just hope that it continues to work the way it should.
on 25 April 2014
We used the camera just recently and have to admit i am absolutely pleased with pictures as well as features. WIFI is amazing thing we could sent pictures from our holiday straight to my parents. Would recommend
on 19 September 2013
Bought for a wedding after reviewing several cameras. Easy to use took over 200 snaps loading to pc easy. Still learning with wifi and functions . Used on London break and used some of the manual functions panoramic is a breeze, so far I cant fault this camera and getting me back into photography without the expense of a bridge camera or dslr will progress to these eventually . Great for point and shoot and quality of pictures good would recommend
on 20 October 2013
My other camera is a Nikon D7000 and is a bit to large to take on certain occasions.
So I reviewed the compact cameras with WiFi and this one came up with the best reviewes.
The menu could be a bit simpler,but the upside is there are plenty of options.
Also the pop up flash does not pop up at the first or second attempt.
So I would recommend this camera as first or second option.