on 30 January 2018
Being a fan of Trevorn Horn and his influence with many bands over the years I was really looking forward to this album - I wanted to love it. Although there are a couple of memorable tracks the lack of a ‘band’ and therefore an individual identity, leaves most of the tracks sounding pretty mediocre. Another reviewer said if you liked Buggles then you’ll love this - sadly I don’t agree. At best it is a shadow of what Buggles have done as there is no Geoff Downes to add his influence and the lack of an inventive keyboard player to provide an extra dynamic is a pity. Certainly more light and shade to the overall album would have elevated it to another level.
The album is by no means a flop though, it’s got pace, good musicianship and of course excellent production but it somehow doesn’t have legs and won’t stay in the memory. A valiant effort that leaves me wanting.
on 17 August 2013
The Producers are essentially a "hobby band" for top flight record producers Trevor Horn, Lol Creme, Stephen Lipson, and Ash Soan. I can't admit to having heard of the latter pair before this, but Trevor Horn has produced a ton of headline acts after moving into that role, originally being the man in front of the mic for Buggles and one of the many incarnations of Yes. Lol Creme you will presumably recall from 10cc and it's spin-off Godley & Creme.

Overall, I found the album to be a very pleasant mixed bag. I bought it on the strength of their names, rather than having heard it up front. It's all immaculately produced as you'd expect, but it didn't *quite* click with me. There are some tracks on the album that are just fantastic - guaranteed chart-toppers thirty years ago. Others are just "pleasant" and didn't didn't quite manage to hook onto my musical subconscious on the first play. If you like listening to Radio 2, then this is probably ideal for you. Personally, I guess I'm not that far gone yet ;-). I just felt that
it needed to "rock" just a little more and to tone down the leaning toward light pop/ballads. Each to their own, I guess. I'm still giving it 4 out of 5, as I can't mark it down based on my own musical tastes and it is a good album.
on 4 April 2014
I love this album! Being a long-time fan of Trevor Horn and his work with Buggles, Yes and FGTH this was a no-brainer purchase for me. It's a combination of great song-writing talents and playing of the highest calibre. Long-time fans of 10CC will also recognise Lol Creme's name and involvement and will be pleased with the outcome.
Stand-out tracks are 'Freeway' and the exquisite 'Garden of Flowers', easily the best track of them all (in my humble opinion). If you are going to buy this album, make sure that you go for the double which features extended mixes of several tracks as well as a 'hidden' 'live' track which I'll let you discover ...
on 1 April 2015
You'd half expect this to be the usual story with collected aged musicians' hobby projects. A bit indulgent, tired sounding, not quite as good as their past glories and less than the sum of its parts. But bung it out anyway, cos the fans will buy it.

This is not the case with this album. This is an excellent collection of songs, every bit as excellent as anything the individual musicians have released in the past. No filler to be heard. These guys are still at the top of their game, and no-one is going through the motions here.

Yes, as far as musical styles go it's not at the cutting edge of modern pop. But no-one here is 18 years old, and it would be ridiculous if they pretended to be. I love it.
on 24 July 2012
As soon as I read a review of this CD, I knew that I had to get it. And guess what, I was expecting it to be good but found it to be brilliant. If you loved the Buggles ( like I did ) then you have to know that Trevor's voice hasn't aged at all to my ears, mainly I assume because he's not used it enough. Pity.
Whilst I'm less familiar with the back catalogue of Lol, Ash and Stephen, there is a maturity and grace that runs though the whole album which I presume only comes with not only musical experience but life experiences too.
This album is one that will sit in my car's CD player for a very very long time, I can't recommend it highly enough.
on 26 January 2018
CD WELCOME RECEIVED THANK YOU
on 2 June 2013
the history of the band members hints there could be something special here

Its not as electronic as might have been been expected, worthy of a listen
on 8 April 2014
If you ever wondered what taking the best of 'The Buggles' 10cc and Yes would sound like this is it. Anyone into Post Proto Punk or Grunge Metal will hate it like poison. Those who fondly remember those well played, well produced albums of the seventies will love it.
on 24 April 2013
WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ,SOME GREAT IF NOT ALL GREAT PRODUCERS SO I BOUGHT THE 2 CD SET AND ITS NOT BAD SOME GOOD SONGS BUT NOT THE I CANT LIVE WITHOUT THIS CD, BUT LOVE TO TO SEE IT DONE LIVE
on 24 July 2012
Hi, i would just like to say that i purchased Producers on cd from Amazon and i think it's a brilliant album. If you liked 10cc or Trevor Horn you'll love this album. Chris Braide also features, well worth a listen!