on 13 May 2013
I was sorry to see a negative review for the X20, as actually I rather like mine.
It is one of my selection of Cameras and for what I want to use it for, day trip type of photography it has some really fun features, it fits well in the hand and is easy to use.
I use a few of the features but not all of them and find I use more than with my SLR Cannon because they are easy to find. Its not my choice of fit in the pocket camera for trips, not is it my water proof or GoPro camera. But with is smart leather case it looks right at picnics, family gatherings, lunches etc and the quality of the image if more than a "put it Facebook" quality. It actually makes me look better than I am - so isn't that the aim of a camera.
Easy to use, better shots than I deserve, cool.
on 22 May 2013
this is so gorgeous as to defy words. Who is it for ? its for the camera-savvy who have DSLR(s) but need a point-and-shoot but don't want grainy rubbish BUT also would like to take video that is not prestine but pretty good, good enough for casual holiday/birthday stuff etc etc. Well this ticks the boxes. FANTASTIC camera.
on 21 May 2014
Fantastic camera which performs every bit as well as it looks and has demoted my DSLR (at nearly six times the price) into a dusty seldom-visited corner.

The stunning image quality and the great looks (more so if you also get a leather Fuji case) are better than I could have hoped with some great and some unusual features (matching the look of old Fuji film, for instance, amongst other filters which are previewed live on screen) make this my Go-To camera.

The negative comments appear to focus on the zoom range not being great and the lens sticks out quite a way - but you can tell that from the pix and the specs so you should figure that out before purchasing. The lens, in particular,is such solid quality that it makes up for the size.
on 21 August 2013
I usally use a Canon 5D Mark II - but for most situations I just need a small compact kamera which takes exelent photos when i'm on the run. This camera does the job! Love the retro styling and the quality is very nice! Picture qualty is superb! For the price of 349 punds - you will get a high value camera for anfordable price.
on 12 June 2014
Only four stars because product pictures are a bit deceiving. The metal parts of the case feel more like plastic, and it kinda looks and feels cheap to be honest, of course not as cheap as stuff from pound land but still, and yeah I might be being a bit snobbish here. But at the same time camera is lighter than you expect, so for some it might be a good thing. It takes good pictures and user interface is easy to navigate. But if you are looking for a camera that looks and feels like it's gonna last for decades then look else where.
on 4 November 2013
The only annoying thing I've found about this camera is the twist to start feature. It's lovely to use, smells and feels like vintage camera equipment and takes the most excellent pictures.

Whilst I'm not an enthusiast, I like taking decent photos that are good enough to print. I bought this to replace my Lumix G1 which I found to be too heavy and annoying to carry around. This fits in a handbag (I also bought the hard case) without dragging me down under its weight.

Where this really stands out is the automatic setting (aka "mummy mode"). I used it at a kid's party where the floor was lit up, the room was fairly bright and there were lots of small people running around. To have set the Lumix up to take a reasonable shot in this situation would have taken a while, yet the mummy mode was intelligent enough to compensate and I got some beautiful images.

I still have a Fuji f31d that I use in situations where I don't want to risk the "posh camera" but I've found I'm using the x20 more and more.
on 26 December 2014
A great design and just the right size and quality for carrying around and capturing those spontaneous moments.
on 28 July 2013
I bought this on 25th july 2013 as my son's birthday present. Despite telephoning Amazon to confirm that they would send a UK spec model with a UK charger (having read the other reviews on here), I still received the european version. This has a 2 pin charger plug not compatible with UK sockets and the printed manuals were only in German or French. If you want a grey import you can get it far cheaper than Amazon, if you want the UK spec model it is the same price at traditional retail stores as Amazon. Returned for full refund and bought elsewhere. BTW, the camera itself is fantastic and deserves 5 stars.
66 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 August 2013
Arrived quickly, well packaged. Camera does all and more than I would possibly need and looks the business.
I received the UK version so no problems there.
Glad I bought it and looking forward to experimenting with the various controls.
on 27 January 2015
gift for daughter she pleased with it