on 3 February 2014
My previous Fujifilm camera was excellent. However this particular model was extremely disappointing. Admittedly the picture quality is good for such a small camera and it is handy and quite simple to use. It has a number of very good features such as 2 image shot, panorama, night and sunset short. However the battery life is extremely short. You are lucky to get 1.5 hours use out of it before it shuts down. Similarly it won't hold a charge for long. My similarly priced Olympus would hold a charge for a week and then give four or five hours continuous use. Should have got the Olympus!
on 17 June 2013
Wanted a cheap camera that I could on holiday that I could take around in my pocket. Well, its a good camera; but. The battery seems to exhaust very quickly. May as well have got a rechargeable battery version. Also the focus seems to be a bit hit and miss. I try to part press the shutter button to focus, but I missed some good shots. I'm worried that it may be a light weight and causes me to shake the camera when I shot. May be worth paying a bit extra for a better camera.
on 27 March 2014
Nice little camera, bought it as a present for my girlfriends 16th birthday, she seems to be happy with it, although admitedly, out of the photos I've taken so far, the quality of the pictures is debatable, is this really 14mp? it doesn't really look much better than an iPhone 8mp camera? I'd consider some of the photos to actually look better on the phone.
on 18 December 2013
Having purchased two of these for the place I work 6 Months ago and both of them used daily. I had a good idea what I was buying for myself. If you want a good low cost no nonsense camera then this product is the one to buy. Very straight forward to use, takes good pictures, and did not hurt my pocket. When not in use I do not have to feel it cost me a lot to have it sat around doing nothing.
All in all a very good low cost Digital camera.
This camera is intended for the average point-and-shoot user and to this end it succeeds. Leaving the camera on it's auto settings (the default), the only thing the user has to do is change the date/time and away you go - press the on/off button, point at the object, press the button and that's it.
There are quite a number of user adjustable settings for differing environments (like sunset, in the snow and the like) but, for the everyday user, just do what was intended - point and shoot
I found the 16:9 wide screen photo, set at a mid-level quality, took excellent pictures for showing on TVs, including in home movies or showing on wide screen computer screens.

A good camera and well worth 4 stars (I actually marked all of the elements of the camera separately and the average came to 4.4 stars!)
on 3 December 2014
Very nice compact camera for the price. The only thing that let's it down is the plastic casing which feels a little cheap, but it takes lovely pictures and very easy to use. What more can you ask for?
on 20 May 2013
Fujifilm FinePix JV500 Digital Camera - Easy To Use, Excellent In Low Light, Fast Shutter Speed, Good Battery Life, Good Sized Screen, Great Resolution, Nice Features and Settings, 720p video recording, Inexpensive

Rating: 4/5
on 23 January 2014
Bought this camera for my mum. It is really easy to work with picture instructions to follow, my mum has found it really easy and has taken some lovely photos.
on 11 March 2014
I brought this camera when I went to Florida to take QUALITY pictures and videos, but I ended up using my iPods better camera. The video quality is definitely not 720p and pictures come out blurry even on a flat surface or tripod. It also said in the description that there is video sound but on the camera video there is absolutely no sound and the same on on my computer. If your looking to buy a QUALITY camera, DO NOT PICK THIS!
on 8 January 2014
Exactly what I wanted. Compact, inexpensive and rechargeable. Easy to use, takes great pictures and fits in my handbag easily