on 9 April 2014
A beautifully written movie. It was heartwarming, sad in places but very funny. A film I think most people could relate to. Marion has Cancer and is determined to live life to the full, played brilliantly by Vanessa Redgrave. Then we have we have her husband, a grumpy old man, played by the wonderful Terence Stamp. If you like good stories with that make you think about life then this is the one for you. A brilliant movie with a fantastic cast.
on 27 September 2017
The actors in this film did their best but I was left feeling that the only bit l enjoyed was when I was puting the DVD back in it's case
It just made me wishing l hadn't wasted my money on it
I'm sorry if this upset anyone but l just had to write this review
on 2 September 2017
As an 84-year old widower of nearly four years, there is, I think, a bit of Arthur Harris in all of us.
A sensitive, inspiringly touching film, by a totally committed cast. Thank you, one and all.
on 19 May 2014
Her in Australia the distributors decided not to release this film on Blu-ray! Probably thought the demographic here was wrong for releasing this on Blu-ray and making money! So I waited and thought pfft! they released Quartette , and The Best marigold hotel
on Blu-ray and not this! So here I am again calling amazon to the rescue! A fabulous film relating to the probs of ageing great subject matter great actors! loved it!
VINE VOICEon 18 July 2013
This was a lovely film with lovely characters and a lovely story. If you like sentimental films then this is for you. It was funny and sad and yes I cried. It was a lovely story of two people and what happened in their lives. It made me feel that there is a song for everyone no matter what. It is not a fast moving or lots of gadgets it is a film with lots of meanings and something that could effect us all at some time. I would recommend this film.
on 10 January 2017
Expected more than it delivered but it's one of those films that for some will be cult viewing and for others they may never quite get what they expected out of it, have a watch and see what you think.
on 8 February 2018
A very touching film well acted by Terence Stamp and Vanessa Redgrave - a pleasure to watch
on 19 December 2013
We settled down to watch this and after the first 10 minutes began to look forward to any moment of laughter or cheer but in fact the film continued with unremitting angst.
We could not work out why the husband should hate everyone and especially his own son.
Do not buy this if you want the feel good feeling.
on 7 October 2014
I am not a fan of Terence Stamp but he is truly wonderful in this film, a grumpy Man who finds it very difficult to show love to those that he does. Gradually he reluctantly gets involved with his dead Wife's friends & learns to show his love & understanding to them and his grown up Son
on 7 March 2014
this was a sensitive and finely written screenplay, extremely we'll acted by the leading actors and came across as true to life. Terence Stamp gave a performance as a man who could not display his feelings but nevertheless displayed them subtly, leaving us feeling deeply for him. I enjoyed this film very much.