Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 August 2017
Good
on 12 February 2013
Once again, MoS (as they would like to be called) has put together a pretty decent assortment of "anthems" of hip-hop and rap music going back from the 1980's to the mid 2000's.

This time I think the record company finally took the advice of more than a few consumers (and me, in my review of last year's "partII" by them) to STOP PUTTING SO MANY NEW SONGS IN WITH THE TRUE CLASSICS!

The European listener will be blankity-blankin' THRILLED to hear these 56 songs spread out over 3 CDs' (or is also available for download here on Amazon)...

From RUN-DMC to Epmd to Slick Rick to Public Enemy to Eve f. Gwen Stefani, this is really is a great collection. In the cricket parlance, they really swung their bat for the trees, and they did it. (There are actually one or two songs I didn't have on my hard drive/in my CD collection!)

Granted, there are a few newbies here - and I mean just a few - like DJ Khaled, A$AP Rocky, and Wiz Khalifa - as they might not be instant "classics," I have to concede (a little) that a few new songs aren't THAT bad - especially the choices here.

All in all? 3 CDs chock-full of rap and hip-hop stretched out over a thirty year period, and some of these songs might not be available on other compilations, but collected here is worth the price instead of buying 5 other compilations to make this one.

I only hope, somehow, someway, that my last year's review might have influenced them, but maybe enough people complained about their poor choices and selections made them realize to sell product, you have to give the buyer what he wants, not stuff so new they heard it yesterday on the radio or on TV.

Thank goodness MoS finally figured it out - I give this compilation 5 healthy stars!

(Thanks for reading and please check out my previous reviews - also, please leave feedback too, it's good to know folks are out there and have an opinion, too!)
on 30 March 2013
my sisters word for this cd I bought her. The music is totally up her street with hip hop from the past and present. She likes cranking it up in the car and says she'd recommend it to anyone into the same kind of music.
on 17 March 2013
I have been lucky enough to have seen most of the artists on this compilation playing live in concert at some point or other, as I was a massive hip-hop fan 'back in the day'. If I had a car, I would be pumping this out all day long, but, as I don't, this is my 'housework music', playing out loudly as I do the ironing, washing the dishes etc. So many good tracks on her, my teenage son is amazed that I know so many of them. A proper classic to add to any 'old-skool' hip-hop fan's collection.
on 1 October 2015
this is the biggest pile of drip i have ever come across ... yet again ministry have tried to punch above their weight and come up short..
they have no idea what people want to listen to and just got one of their bouncers or bouncers kids to put a play list together and crossed their fingers...well just like the last time i came out of your club with both fingers up after being drilled buy your unimaginative dj's i am left uninspired ..

dont buy ministry rubbish,,
on 17 March 2013
I am disappointed with the tracks on this cd. I don 't really like many of them but maybe that is down to me thinking I like hip hop when actually I only like a very limited selection. There some real classics on here so overall satisfied with the purchase.
on 23 March 2013
It may be me being a bit too old but a lot of of the newer stuff does not strike me as being "classic". I didn't have Children's Story by Slick Rick before though which is definitely a "classic".
on 6 March 2013
I downloaded the whole album as it was advertised on the TV , however having listened to it on my MP3 player I was somewhat disappointed for a Ministry of Sound compilation . So as the title says I'm afraid
on 7 March 2013
this is a real good range of hip hop , love this ! great songs of old to bring a smile to your face . A must for any MP3 player, I was not dissapointed and a good price for the amount of songs
on 6 March 2013
I bought this cd as a present for my son. I would reccommend this album to anyone. We all enjoy listening to it. Great tunes. Very happy with prompt delivery and service.