on 6 January 2016
Zehui case for a portable 2.5 inch external drive Good product, cheap at £1.77, but TOO SMALL.
The amazon website did not specify the dimensions. I asked the amazon merchant by email. I received confirmation from amazon that my email had been received. But I did not get a reply from the amazon merchant, which is unacceptable. External drives of 2.5” come in different shapes and thickness: some have 4 round corners, some have 4 rectangular corners, some have 2 round corners and 2 rectangular corners. The case that I received can fit an older model WD Passport 2.5” that has 2 round corners and 2 rectangular corners, but the fit is very tight. It does not fit the older type Seagate that has 4 rectangular corners. It does not fit the current Samsung M4 that has 4 round corners. So basically, the case is not large enough to fit any 2.5” drive as it says on the amazon website. The manufacturer should just visit a store and take note of the dimensions of current models external drives. The product is really good, it needs to be a few mm larger in all dimensions.
on 4 June 2013
After using this Cheap looking hard-drive cover case, for a week, I discovered that the zip, that closes the case shut, keeps on coming open. The Zip is useless, It is very cheaply made, hence I suppose the cheap price?

There are two stretchable straps that are supposed to keep your hard drive secure inside the case. The two straps are too thin, and do not hold the hard drive in place at all.

I would avoid this cheap and nasty case, and go for a more expensive named case, possible one not made in China.

Very Poor product indeed!
33 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 March 2014
I give this product a 5 star, because of value for money and a fast delivery time (4 to 5 days) considering that it was shipped from far east.

Pros:
1- The size is perferct. I tried on my Samsung M3-1TB, WD Passport 320GB, Toshiba 750GB portable hard drives and even a Navman SatNav EZYwide 5" witdth. They all fit inside perfectly, of course not all at the same time..!

2- It comes with 2 zippers, so in case one fails over time, there is still a spare one to operate.

3- It also is equiped with a strap, which van be tucked inside should you wish not use it.

4- The shell structure is quite sturdy and the surface is finished in matt black and is easy to wipe clean.

Cons:
1- The zipper can be a bit hard to operate when you first start using it, but it will get easier with use.

Note: I used a few and small drops of light oil along the zipper and now it works very smooth.

I bought a second one from the SAME seller, which I recommend..!
on 2 April 2014
Bought this for my recently acquired Samsung portable hard drive.Fits easily inside,held by the elastic strap and with room to spare. There is a net pocket in the lid which holds the usb cable and the inside is lined with a soft material. The outer casing is hard but covered with a neoprene-like finish which has a soft tactile feel to it so not slippery.The zip seems sturdy and not flimsy. I'm perfectly satisfied with this product.
on 29 October 2015
I have about 7 hard drives and I used to buy the better quality and a lot more expensive cases but I can buy 3 of these for the price of the others, delivery about 3 weeks from China, I have also bought a couple of these for my son in law and he agrees with me, can recommend these cases to everyone.
on 23 January 2018
Didn't fit my hard drive...! Felt a bit cheaply made
on 4 May 2014
Excellent piece of kit for carrying all the backup files and music on the HDD when on the go, the zip can be a bit of a pain to begin with but after its been opened and closed a few time settles down,I would recommend this if you put it in your bag or pocket, if it falls out or gets knocked you know its going to be fine.It took a bit longer than usual to arrive as it came from the manufacturer but it was worth the wait as my HDD is now protected from damaged. The HDD is secure inside as is the connection cables so when you open it they don't fall out, I will purchase these again in the future.
on 20 June 2013
Not much you can say about a simple little case for an external portable hard drive. It fits the bill in that it seems to be fairly robust and would therefore give protection to the drive if it was dropped 'in transit'. Finish of the product isn't too great but at this price I can't complain.
on 8 August 2016
Very good to store all the old photos, movies, other documents you don't want to lose on a eventually malfunctioning dvd.
on 28 September 2016
This are a great padded case to store and carry your hard drive. I have four of them now.