on 7 September 2014
A lovely story and the journey the train took was well researched. Was a bit dubious that Constance would remember ladies wearing the crinoline since they were in fashion in the 1860's, and Constance was only thirty in 1901. But otherwise a thoroughly enjoyable story that kept me turning the page.
Ellie falls asleep on a train in today's time after conversing with an older gentleman whose starling green eyes resonate with her in a strange way. She wakes up in 1901 on a much older train travelling in the same direction. The author describes this incident so well that you feel as if you're experiencing what it must have been like to travel back then. Strangely, Ellie also wakes up to find similar green eyes of a much younger man, Robert Chamberlain, watching over her. He has come to her aid and from that moment on he is her champion in the insanity she's caught into. Even when she tries to run away from him, the world works in a strange way to bring them back together...as if it was meant to be. I enjoyed this lovely story about how Ellie and Robert find each other. It gave me a few evenings of quite wonderful entertainment.
on 13 February 2014
I am a sucker for time-travel stories and when I came across one involving trains whats not to love. Good well written romance with a likable leading lady who finds herself timeshifted to the start of the 19th century on a train journey. Have already ordered the second book in the series.
on 14 February 2014
For anyone who loves the idea of time travel and enjoys historical detail. I usually prefer the Victorian England but this made a pleasant change. Light hearted romance which held a staunch historical crime readers attention very well. Going for Bess` next book right now!
on 8 June 2016
Neither the best nor the worst book I've ever read. Good idea and quite entertaining. I thought the last few pages were a bit rushed. Still I finished it and would possibly consider reading the next book if it were free.
on 29 March 2015
Not a bad story, and I was rather enjoying it until somehow it ended extremely suddenly almost as if the author had been merrily writing away and been told right end it NOW in 100 words of less.... I think they could have done alot more with it really....
on 7 July 2014
Time travel story that is interesting and easy to read. A woman goes back in time when she falls asleep on a train and shows the anxiety and confusion she feels when she wakes up. You really want the best for her.
on 4 June 2016
A little confused in places it's overall a very enjoyable book. While I would have enjoyed a slightly fuller picture of the main characters story it was enough to keep me entertained and rooting for them all the way
on 7 May 2010
This was recommended to me by Amazon because I'd bought similar books. I wanted to order it but it was out of stock at the time and I couldn't find it anywhere else. It was worth the wait when I finally read it. A lovely story. I was worried I wasn't going to like the ending but I wasn't disappointed.
on 1 December 2013
i love time travel adventures..
this did not disappoint.
a good light holiday read, looking forward to the next book to see what happens.