Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 28 December 2014
I am in exactly the same situation as some of the unfortunate other on here who have received a different power supply to the one described and shown in the picture.

Instead of the 2000mA output Pi Hut branded power supply shown in the product photograph, the power supply that I received instead is different and inferior 'Power Pax' branded one, and it's power output is less from advertised and so it is insufficient for use with my Raspberry Pi.

From the Pi site:

"...the Model B+ has slightly more efficient power circuits as well as more available USB ports and can use between 600-2000mA..."

So a power supply that outputs only 1800mA is not fit for purpose as a Pi power supply. Received as a gift and cannot return it to avoid upsetting a relative who ordered the correct one but received the wrong item so I am now stuck with a useless item and a family member is stuck paying for it. Not happy.

Now I have to order a replacement at my own expense, so I'd advise everyone who needs a Raspberry Pi power supply to avoid this one.
44 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 May 2017
I ordered this from the official Pi Store on Amazon, Fulfilled by Amazon and the product arrived promptly and in good condition. Connected to my Raspberry Pi and it works a treat with no issues. The Pi is stable and the electricity flow is good, meaning I can attach multiple USB devices without the device killing itself.
on 16 April 2017
ideal
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 28 July 2013
What a refreshing change. Yes it is a plug for a Pi, it appears to be the correct voltage, 5v 15000mA but no made in the UK or made anywhere either. As it has been bought for my nephew I will reserve judgement on its longevity until he starts using it.
on 11 April 2015
Perfect for the PI, tried lower PSU's and had card reading issues
on 5 November 2014
No issues - works fine
on 16 July 2014
Works great
on 5 December 2014
The supply that I have is labelled 2000 mA, but even so it doesn't supply enough current for my Pi B+ even without its USB wifi dongle attached. The rainbow "low voltage" square appears on the screen from first boot. The power problems make the RPi unreliable, and the wifi dongle won't work reliably.
on 20 February 2013
Great product, works a treat!

I ordered this from the official Pi Store on Amazon, Fullfilled by Amazon and the product arrived promptly and in good condition. Connected to my Raspberry Pi and it works a treat with no issues. The pi is stable and the electricity flow is good, meaning I can attach multiple USB devices without the device killing itself.

Great power supply, recommened!
on 21 February 2015
I ordered this adaptor as I specifically wanted a 2000Ma adaptor, what I received from NowView was a completely different cheap looking adaptor rated at 1800Ma, NOT the 2A as advertised. I shall be returning it.
review image