TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 September 2014
Interesting insight into French attitudes and culture, but I didn't personally gain much about slimming. Basically, they eat normal, high-fat French food in pretty limited quantities, with several tiny courses (whereas we pile it all on one plate and save washing up!), limiting their bread intake, and they only SEEM to drink lots of wine. Fairly low-carb, then. I am losing weight by eating small quantities of non-diet foods, including butter, bread and cheese, so I suppose I must be eating the 'Madame Chic' way. Quite a nice thought, really! I may be fat and old, but I'm a tiny bit chic! The fundamental lesson - self-control is key and a relatively low-calorie lifestyle is better than sporadic dieting interspersed with returning to one's old and beloved bad habits and putting it all back on again.
on 28 May 2017
Really well delivered, easy to relate to without being unrealistic or pretentious, have taken on board many things and finding life just that bit more enjoyable, Merci Anne.
on 14 June 2015
Very informative great tips.
on 19 May 2013
Big on anecdote, not so good on practical tips. A little disappointing...

Took away a few useful pointers but this wasn't the resource I was hoping it would be.
on 10 July 2013
A really different approach to your lifestyle and lots of info that can be life changing in a positive way. A book I will be reading again and again
on 21 March 2014
It's fascinating reading the comparison of the American and French ways of life. There are lots of tips in the book on the way French ie Parisian women live and how we can make use of the differences to lose weight with no sense of deprivation. Very interesting and I've started looking at what small changes I can make.
on 13 September 2013
I really liked reading through this book. It is full of little nuggets of advice and encouragement to help you through modern life's guilt ridden and diet crazed society. Don't expect ground breaking new research or dramatic statements but that is the joy of it. Have your petit slice of cake and enjoy every bite!
on 31 May 2013
This is a fabulous book for anyone interested either in losing weight and achieving a great look, or for those who have achieved their perfect weight and appearance and want to stay that way. I am sure there are many French women who are neither chic nor slim, but we all know that the French way is one to aspire to. It's a very good book to read a little of each morning, to motivate you to have a slender day.
on 23 September 2013
I loved this book, will be getting the next one, and any others in the series. You always learn something.
on 30 June 2015
I enjoyed this book and agree with much of what the author says. However, it seemed a little repetitive at times, which rather spoilt it for me. I have lived in Paris and would love to be more Parisienne in my outlook, my lifestyle and my appearance. I'm still working on this, and perhaps this book has helped to encourage me in this pursuit!