Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 22 January 2013
I got my copy of Snakecharmer this morning and it's been on constant repeat. I cannot praise this album highly enough, as you would expect from some of the countries finest rock musicians they deliver an album of superb quality - exceptional musicianship, lyrics, vocals and production with not a single weaker track.

This not only reminds of the classic Whitesnake line up, it surpasses it and will leave you staggered at its brilliance, your foot tapping, singing your heart out (the songs are all instant classics and memorable) and reaching for the air guitar.

If you love classic rock or blues-rock from the late 70s and early 80s buy this album right now, Micky and Laurie each play superb guitar and solos and weave them together in a breathtaking display of skill, Neil and Harry bring a rhythm pairing equal to Alan Lancaster and John Coghlan of Quo at the height of their powers, Adam Wakeman adds subtle and superbly bluesy hammond organ and what can I say about Chris Ousey? This is his best vocal performance of any of his recordings. Strong, passionate, rocking and blues-laden, David Coverdale - yesterdays man.
on 25 January 2013
This is the direction that Whitesnake should have gone in back in the 80s rather than the big hair glam metal of 1987 and Slip of the Tongue. I guess we know who the real talent of that legendary early line up was now (Moody, Murray and Marsden).

If you are a fan of those early Whitesnake days (the Moody/Murray connection here) and Bad Company, then you will love this band. The singer, Chris Ousey (who incidentally is right up there with the best vocalists in the country at the moment) even has an air of Paul Rogers about him which is definitely no bad thing.

This year promises to be a good year for hard and classic rock releases and we are off to a flying start with this one.
on 20 February 2013
Great CD by this new band featuring some former Whitesnake memebers. Comparisons are going to be made, and not unfairly, as this does have a more than slight hint of pre 1987 Whitesnake.But Chris Ousey's vocals are far superior to modern day Coverdale, and Micky Moody has lost none of his smoothness on guitar. Neil Murray and Harry James are about as good as it gets as a rhythm section, driving everything along in style. Add into the mix Laurie Wisefield's guitar and keyboards from Adam Wakeman, and you have a line up to drool over. The 13 track CD is made up of classic hard blues rock, with a couple of ballards and a hint of late 70s AOR, which all sound fresh and crisp. This is the kind of album blues rock fans have been crying out for, and I hope it's the first of many from this true supergroup!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 January 2013
If your ready and willin,then come and get it,slide it in,press play and smile ,cos' this is an absolute treat from start to finish.Music for the older generation,if anyone under 30 gets it,great,welcome to the party,its old rockers making veteran fans very happy indeed.

From the opening moments of 'My Angel' its obvious the template is Whitesnake but its the band of old,the one we pine for,listen to the superb twin harmony lead guitar on 'Accident Prone',admit it you've got a grin from ear to ear,so it continues,smooth vocals vying with simple but effective lead guitar underpinned with a solid rythmn section complimented with understated but effective keyboards.

There's not a duff track on this disc,thankfully they shied away from any 'Snake covers,they can fill out the live set,here's hoping they tour.
How high do i rate this? well it could happily sit alongside 'Ready n Willin' & 'Come and Get It',its easily as good.

superb stuff,great musos,great band especially having Laurie Wisefield back rockin',Snake's the obvious influence,but you can hear a little Ash,Thunder,nods to Bad Co,hopefully the start of a real 'supergroup',here's to then future.
on 11 February 2013
I have seen Snakecharmer live a couple of times now, the last being at The Cambridge Rock Festival 2012, where they were definitely the stand out band of the weekend. (John Young played instead of Adam Wakeman before anyone mentions this). Hence I was looking forwards to hearing the new album.

With a fantastic collection of musicians, most of whom I have admired for years. My newest discovery is Adam Wakeman, who is mega talented, and the singer Chris Ousey, who I haven't heard of before. He is doing an amazing job fronting this great band.

When I play an album that appeals to me, it is repeated over and over again in the car, where I spend a lot of time. I love it, when I can sing along and really go with the music........ and this album is one of those. It takes me back to the good old days of real Rock n'Roll, easy to get into and I love Chris's voice......there is something very raw and sexy about it. Guys might look for something different, me, I want something that speaks to my heart, uplifts me and I think.....wow, when can I go and see them live again? Great album, love it.....
on 26 January 2013
While Snakecharmer are not re-inventing the wheel, they are concentrating on making classic rock that is every bit as good as they have done in the past. And that is saying a lot considering that these guys have written and played on some amazing songs in the past.

The band is full of straight ahead, balls to the wall guitar riffs, Hammond solos, twin-lead guitars and powerful rhythms, all anchored by a vocalist who definitely paid attention to David Coverdale and Paul Rodgers when cutting his rock and roll teeth.

"My Angel" and "Accident Prone" two are melodic gems that would have been MTV staples back in the day. "To the Rescue" introduces the bluesy side, as Moody pushes the song forward with a slinky rhythm. "Falling Leaves" starts out reminiscent of the Scorpions' "Still Loving You" before kicking into a solid power ballad. "A Little Rock and Roll" is another riff oriented tune that will have your toes a-tapping, while "Turn of the Screw" is, musically, one of the best on the CD and contains some tasty guitar playing. "Stand Up" sounds like it could have been on the debut album by Foreigner. "Guilty As Charged" is another hard rocker. In fact, there is not a bad song on this sucker. Start to finish this is a great shot in the arm for rock and roll.

The album will light a fire under any fan of melodic, hard rock. Moody, Murray and company are doing their all to keep the flame lit for rock fans around the world. Crank this one up to 11.
on 24 January 2013
Here we go.At last.Unlike the Brian Robertson & Steve Harris ventures of the last few years,this album delivers everything you want & much,much more.Featuring 2 genuine Whitesnake members Micky Moody & Neil Murray,& Thunder drummer Harry James ,plus Heartland mainman Chris Ousey on vocals,this is THE release of 2013 if you like quality blues based,melodic hard rock.Catchy tunes,quality musicianship,decent singing,not screeching or screaming(like a certain David Coverdale does these days),quality guitar solo's that don't overplay for sake of it(Are you listening Doug Aldrich?)& some tasteful slide too, it's all here .Brilliant,brilliant stuff.Highlights? all of it!If I'm being uber critical,I would like Chris' vocals a bit higher in the mix,but I really am being picky now.Great to hear Neil Murray's melodic ,smooth flowing bass-lines again.Album of the year,already!!!& at 9 quid it's a STEAL!!!!
55 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 February 2013
As a classic rock fan, I was really looking forward to receiving this album. However, all I can say is it's OK but it's not brilliant. Sometimes it takes a while for an album to grow on me, which is fair enough, but I'm put off by Chris Ousey's annoying vocal style. All he does is "belt it out", he has no dynamics or versatility, he sounds pretty much like Jon Bon Jovi, with just as little soul. This gives the whole album a very American feel - maybe this is exactly what they set out to achieve. All in all it's not bad, just nothing special. With Micky Moody and Neil Murray on board, I imagine the quality of music would have been lifted a notch or two if Bernie Marsden had been involved.
on 22 January 2013
I have now had my faith in proper music well and truly restored what a superb album with a stunning set of musicians from some of my favourite bands click that order button now you really cannot go wrong with this
on 5 February 2013
In the 70's Whitesnake were "My band"... Patches on my denim waistcoat, gigs at the Hammersmith... they inspired me to play rock music as a musician (which I still do to this day). Then they went West, and to their credit, they became mega. However they lost me when they remixed 'Slide It In' and Mr Covernote kicked out the real musicians.
I purchased this album in the hope that I would find the kind of music that made me queue for hours just buy a ticket to see the band live.
Well not only has that box been ticked but they have delivered an album of great tunes, hooks, licks, harmony guitars, slide guitars, keyboard intros, melodic outro's; in fact everything about this album had me scouring the net to see where they are playing live. Forget the last 30 years... Forget big hair and glossy videos on MTV... Remember Great British Rock Music.