on 14 September 2013
Invicta,invicta,invicta The good the bad the warranty ?
After reading literally 100's of reviews of invicta watches i had settled on there 8927 model as these are now supplied with the NH38A caliber 24 jeweled movement from which i read is sourced from Seiko so its gonna be a reliable movement.
This 13705 caught my eye as i was browsing the invicta website and this model jumped out the screen at me, if you admire watches your know what i mean, The 13705 is basically a beefed up version of the 8927 but what sealed the deal for me is invicta call this range open heart so you can see the the watch working from the front as there is a small hole at the 9oclock position so you can see it pulsating 21,600 times an hour as well as a very nice show case open back.
This is a big and i mean big watch im a big guy with big hands and wrists but Ive had to remove 2 links from the bracelet and then adjusted the strap pins. Upon the left side engraved into the side is the word invicta,on the right side are the words grand diver next to the crown.
Onto the watch itself i hand wound as recommended in instructions to get the watch working and set the time as per my Casio wave ceptor (atomic time) considering there are 86,400 seconds in a day the accuracy for the first day was it gained 2 seconds which is phenomenal by ANY automatic watch . Automatics in my opinion need a running in period so i shall update post as time progresses if it continues to gain a trick my dad taught me as he worked for Oris for 40 years is at bedtime take watch off and lean it on its left side to lose a second overnight or lean it on its right side if its running a second or so slow to gain a second.

Invicta offer you a free 5 year warranty but its pretty much useless unless you live in the USA if your invicta develops a fault they recommend sending it to them under the warranty for a "free" repair, great but bearing in mind its gonna cost around £20 to send back to USA and they require $28 to cover return postage so you've spent around £40 to get a repair under warranty plus your be without it for around a month.
But all in all its Seiko running the show so i think you would be fairly unlucky to be in that position.
In my opinion its an excellent watch and im sure it will last at least 5 years anyway
all in all im very happy with the watch and if you purchase one im sure you will be too
Thanks for reading

Accuracy update!!!! I have been wearing this watch daily and its still telling very accurate time for an automatic, over 2 weeks later its still gaining but its settled down to around 1-2 seconds a day FANTASTIC when this movement was calibrated they got this bang on the nose.

Accuracy update!!!! May 2014 this watch still continues to keep very accurate time for an automatic it is gaining around 1 second a day which proves to me that these new generation of Japanese movements are extremely reliable. If they last as long as there swiss counterparts? Well again only time will tell.
on 28 June 2014
I myself own a Grand Diver that my Ashley bought for my birthday and I was so taken with it I bought my 22 year old son one just as a thank you I always said I would get him a Tag Heuer . When he saw my watch he remarked how well and expensive it looked and when I asked if he'd like one he said yes but the look on his face when he saw the watch was one of those moments when you wish you had a camera . Not a down side but the strap is very long I had to take 4 links from it and my son is quite a big guy however on the plus side I may well have gained a free taxi for a few weeks :-) :-) :-) . Would recommend as a present for anyone even to yourself well done Invicta for a super product
on 8 July 2014
I am delighted with this distinctive watch, with design, build quality and finish top notch. For a self wind auto the accuracy is
fantastic(gains about 5 seconds per day). A friend with a Rolex first thought this was the same as his and was very impressed, since a service on his is much more than this Invicta cost. Great deal from Amazon, Many thanks.
on 24 June 2014
Amazing looking watch looks really expensive, feels well built and heavy and 100% water resistant as I've tried and tested it. I just cant believe how cheap i've payed for such a high quality watch.. I am obviously happy with my purchase the watch arrived the day after so this gets a 5 star easy.