Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.98

on 9 March 2013
This little book lists the functions of the seven main chakras, and includes quizzes to find out which chakra is out of balance, as well as how serious the imbalance is. It lists helpful and realistic information on how to gain rebalance in the chakras. What I like about the advice is that it's actually achievable and can be fitted into everyday life. I'm currently working on rebalancing my root chakra following the advice in this book, with things as simple and do-able as working with the soil and using the recommended root chakra essential oils in my bath. This book is a keeper and I find myself referring back to it frequently on my journey to health and rebalance.
on 5 February 2013
Fabulous little book - the title says it all. The book deals with each chakra individually covering all the information you need to know about where it is and what it does, then it shows you how to find out if it is not working properly and how to balance it, what to do to rectify any problems and gives you exercises and affirmations for each one. Also included are a set of case histories that are really helpful. It finishes up with a Q&A section to cover any commonly asked queries.

A very useful and informative book.
on 17 August 2014
This is a very informative book which I found could not be rushed, there is so much information to absorb and to take note of.

Each chakra has it's own chapter with a repeating format and structure. It can be used as a reference book and dipped in and out of or, if you intend to work through your energy centres one at a time, you might choose to read it through from cover to cover.

There is clear guidance on how to recognize if each Chakra is balanced and, if not, how to clear it. Whilst reviewing the book I came to the Third Chakra (solar plexus) and found many of the descriptions of imbalance applied to someone in our family. We immediately set out to get more yellow in her life (as the text advised) along with some of the affirmations (I am worthy to receive) on paper around the house. Interestingly there was some resistance to the colour (I've never liked yellow) which could slow things down but seems to show where our focus need to be.

`An imbalanced third chakra is either going to show itself as the fearful, insecure person or the overbearing, domineering bully. Some people swing between the two extremes. The bully and the victim are simply the opposite ends of the same energy spectrum, depending on whether the chakra is overactive or underactive'.

We spent so much time on this chakra I've only just moved on to the heart chakra, I think this reflects where much of our attention needs to be as so many of us have challenges with fear or tension that need to be cleared from our energy.

Hilary has created an excellent read which is both a reference text and a structured healing handbook. It will be a great addition to anyone's library and particularly useful when offering help to others.
on 6 October 2013
I am studying Reiki and this book is now my chakra healing manual. Excellent information about how to heal imbalances
on 12 January 2014
It does what it says on the cover. Short book, easily digestible, well written and laid out (kindle version). A good start to find out about the Chakras.
on 6 September 2013
The first sentence of the introduction in this book is: "My aim in writing this book is to take the mystery out of the chakras and bring them down to the level of everyday life." This author certainly achieved her goal. This book is clear and easy-to-read, but also full of information, balance checklists and suggestions to release a block, or enhance energies, in a specific chakra. All the suggestions are realistic and can be integrated into a busy life, to promote healing. It's a book that will become a permanent part of my library.
on 12 January 2016
I have found this book interesting and insightful. Also easy to read and a great reference book. I particularly like the questionnaires for each chakra, gave me another method of being able to detect the balance of chakras. I would recommend this book for people interested in learning the basics of chakras and life force energy.
on 10 December 2015
A good clear book explaining each chakras, how to find out if
your chakras is not balanced and how you can help to
balance it again. The book is not long but gives you a simple direction which is really what you need at the beginning.
I thought I had one unbalanced but after reading I have another
unbalanced so after reading the book I will go back and go over
the areas I am weak. I expect I will be coming back to the book
over time too.
on 19 April 2016
Bought this knowing absolutely nothing about Chakras. Nothing online made sense to me at all. Just finished reading it - it's not too long, only taken me about 2 hours. I found it really easy to understand, I feel like it might take a while to get my head around it completely and will need to refer back to it at first. I really liked the lay out of each chapter and the sort of quiz in each one to determine how out of balance that particular chakra is. It then gives suggestions on things you can do to rebalance the chakra. Most of them are really easy and accessible ideas which is helpful when time/money is an issue. Although accordingly all my chakras are out of balance, so this could take a while!
I get the feeling that the book is quite basic and is really aimed at beginners - which isn't a problem. But i may buy a more in depth book when as my understanding develops.
on 11 September 2014
I struggled to understand the Chakras in other books but this one was so very clear and I was able to understand the Chakras. Doing the questions after I had read it showed I need to focus on my throat Chakra - communication etc - having just lost my father I struggle to talk/explain myself at times and I now have ways to help myself overcome this.