on 29 April 2014
Good enough to make me want to know what happens next! Well written and not too many punctuation or spelling mistakes.
on 10 March 2014
The beginning of the end! Steve Wendell's attempt at survival after "D" day. Trying to keep his radio station staff safe from the zombie hoards outside
on 31 December 2013
A little bit slow and apparently disjointed to start with, I did wonder what I was letting myself in for. After a very short while however, the reason behind the cameos became clear and provided an excellent background to the main story.

The onset and spread of the disease is believable and well told, I don't think I am ever going to be able to pass by a manhole cover (particularly at night) with the same aplomb - but enough said on that subject!!

Some of the best character development and interaction it has been my pleasure to read in quite a while, a shame that some of them are lost along the way but then this is a Zombie novel!

A minor gripe about spelling in places and the use of incorrect words in others (repel instead of rappel) for example but I will take the excellent story line over the odd grammatical blip any day of the week. I have just bought the next one in the series and look forward to reading it in the New Year. Happy 2014 to Jon and all his readers!
on 10 December 2013
I loved this book, I've read a lot of zombie/apocolyptic stories and this one is great!
I liked the explanation for the start of the virus. It made a change from books that never explain how the dead start to rise, the cause of the plague, patient zero etc.
I'm not a critic but like a good story with good, believable characters and something that doesn't waffle on about sunsets and trees blowing in the wind (or whatever descriptive stuff they decide to put in to plump up the pages)
Anyway, I enjoyed it and I've already bought the next 2 books, 'nuff said :)
I hardly ever, (if ever,) review anything, so the fact I've done so this time shows how much I enjoyed it.
on 9 December 2013
If you want a simple read and like zombie novels, then go for it. It's entertaining enough and I found the story interesting, even laugh out loud funny at times.
There are a few irritating grammar errors, but that's a minor quibble. It's still better than many others out there.
on 2 December 2013
Easy read, excellent value. Would have given it 4.5 stars if I could, nothing to complain about, story line works. Kept me interested all the way through, bought book two straight away. Got more than I paid for, so what more can I say, if you like zombie books you can't go wrong buying this one.
on 28 January 2014
This is the first zombie book I've read and I found it extremely enjoyable, well written with good character development. I can't wait to read the next one in the series.
on 30 January 2014
From the very first page I was hooked. Dead Air just never let you rest for a minute. It's incredible to think that 1 infected human can bring about world devastation. In many ways you can liken what happened in this story to the way life begins,with one cell dividing and so on until it becomes millions in numbers. The story builds nicely and introduces the characters well. By the time you are half way in you feel like you have been friends with them for years. It is full of twists and turns and stirs up just about every emotion you can feel. I am just going to download the second book of the series and really can't wait. I would recommend this book to anyone who has ever wanted to know what it feels like to become one of a handful of survivors I n a global holocaust and becoming responsible for the survival of the human race.
on 22 February 2014
Took a chance on this book as it was only a penny to download to the kindle and i was pleasantly suprised as i loved it , the characters seem pretty real and the book is well written but not too heavy, read it in my lunch break in work over a number of days and will now be getting the next one in the series , worth a look.
on 5 February 2014
I LIKED THIS BOOK VERY MUCH,GOOD STORY ,LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT ONE,What more could any self-respecting zombie fan ask for?