on 9 February 2013
this book has loads of information and valuable tips for how to operate the windows 8 operating system.i found it very easy to follow the guides throughout the book which I found to be very informative.essential if your new to windows 8.
on 18 September 2014
when I had my new laptop I just didn't know where to start , as Windows 8.1 was on it. I did not have a clue, I have had laptops and computers in the past and got used to them ok, but this 8.1 was I thought very complex. All the books I saw were, both expensive or hard to understand. I eventually came across this book and it was the best for me giving basic easy to understand information to get on, shut down and really where to start and once I had the basic knowledge I started to get used to it. so I would recommend this book to start if you do not have a clue about Windows 8 and 8.1 and then maybe get a more advanced book if needed
on 4 February 2015
I am sick of so called experts selling books like this which are nothing more than a pamphlet purloined from basic instructions and masquerading as a useful manual (10 minute read).
Amazon need to tighten up on this type of thing being accepted for sale... but there again I could write one about the secrets of pegging clothes out to dry. Bah!
on 20 December 2014
This is a well written book. It separates each item in such a way that makes it easy to understand. When you come to grip with one section you can move on to the next. Windows 8 is quite complex and cane be difficult for perhaps the elderly to understand and a book like this would very helpful to them.
on 30 December 2013
Bought a new laptop with Windows 8, as its a big change and many are negative about it thought would read up on how to use it. As Windows 8 comes with kindle included then buying the books off the store is easy and despite all the comments both Windows 8 and the use of the book on kindle is simple and the price is a steal cheaper than trying to find one in a remaindered bookshop
on 24 April 2013
As three stars implies "Its OK". It rather tends to assume you know a little about Win 8. As Win 8 is such a different OS you need to start at the very beginning and know nothing to avoid confusion. Any way I will soldier on, but have seen better manuals that suit my style of learning
on 17 May 2013
Not as informative as I would have expected I seem to have picked up more by trial and error
Talking about errors I am being inundated by firm supposedly told by firm to supply me me with solutions to errors in my windows systems

Yorkie
on 27 December 2013
Not a word about making a document or letter or how to print it , how to save documents to file etc, etc. absolutely no help whatsoever in getting started using windows 8. I really mean NO stars at all. A complete waste of o
on 9 June 2013
Very brief and not very informative, it raises more questions than it answers. I still don't know how to close an application without going a long way round! It's cheap though. More like headline chapters, then go and buy her books.
on 19 March 2013
I vowed I would not go near Windows 8 but my wife bought herself a Lenovo laptop which came with W8.
Thinking I would need some help in operating it I ordered this book but before it arrived I had had it up and running without any problems. And so when it arrived I found this book to be too basic - sorry.