Style Name: TF525|Change

on 22 December 2015
This is a good quality product, I bought it to replace my previous Tomy monitor which gave me over 3 years of good service, but I gave that one to my parents as they babysit my kids when I am at work.

This product seems to perform a similar function and works well, it has lights which indicate sound levels from where the monitor is placed, and you can also control the light from the receiver.

The only feature missing, which I had on my previous monitor was the ability to speak into it and have the sound come through the base unit. This was quite a useful feature which is not available on this model.
on 7 January 2015
I've been using this for about 4 months and its ok. In fairness the sound quality is good - no issues there. The negatives ( that i wish I'd known before buying) are:

- poor battery life on the parent unit. Doesn't last the night so ends up being on charge a lot! Disappointing as this is why we didn't buy one with video.
- annoying loud beep everytime parent is unplugged or plugged into charger. Really annoying when you're trying not to wake the baby. The battery low noise is REALLY LOUD! Wouldn't matter if it held its charge...
- when on charge the green power light pulsates. It's really bright in a dark room. Additionally the reaction of the monitor to any noise is very sensitive. Ordinarily this would be good but the lights are SO BRIGHT that it's more like a strobe light. I have to keep it face down on the floor!!
- buttons on parent unit click really loudly! Again not good if you are trying to be stealthy!
- baby unit's power button flashes red if the parent unit isn't on. I understand why this is this way, but it would be better as a static light rather than flashing.

Overall i wouldnt recommend it.
on 25 August 2016
Manufacturers seem to try so hard to make their monitors appeal, packing them with lights and features, that they have lost sight of the reason why they are purchased in the first place.
Take the Tomy TF525, it works really well, sound is clear and the microphone is sensitive, but it is rendered unusable by the excessively bright lights. The monitor itself features a night light, but it is unnecessary as the green 'on' LED is sufficiently bright to light the baby's room.
The parent unit has a green LED that pulsates brightly when charging, which means that you can't plug it in next to your bed, unless you can sleep with a disco light. The there's the random strobe. Periodically the parent unit flashes with a startling bright white light, which was quite alarming when it first happened. I initially thought that this was linked to the microphone, which I could understand, but my baby was fast asleep and not making a sound, so I've no idea why it happened
The lullaby feature is a nice idea, but is poorly executed, with the songs sounding tinny and unpleasant.
on 10 September 2013
This item is great. Simple but just right!
It is very sensitive and picks up noise from the traffic passing,even the next room.
I find the lullabies a little basic but they are for the baby, not me :-)

Overall a fab item.
on 2 July 2016
After six months, the portable part of this monitor stopped charging, and wouldn't power on. Up until then, it was an ok monitor that worked fine. On the plus side, it had a pretty bright night light. On the minus side, it was cheap feeling and broke after six months. I wouldn't buy it again.

We also have a BT 300 that's worked fine for 3 years, and would get another one instead of the Tomy. (The only reason we didn't was we were worried about mixing up which monitor was for which child.)
on 31 October 2015
Been using this for over a year, very happy. The battery lasts well (but would not go over-night) when un-plugged. The light settings were useful when she was a baby sharing our room, turn it up when she woke so no need to switch on the lights, but could put it down so it didn't disturb my sleep in between feeds. Never used the music as it's too loud, which is my only complaint! Good range, works in the garden and the garage (which is not attached to the house!).
on 29 February 2016
I love this, it's already to use and such good value. The only thing I didn't like which probably doesn't deserve a whole star is that the temperature display only shows the nearest degree I would prefer to have it show 19.4C for example rather than just 19, for accuracy sake. The parent unit works as a controller for the lullaby and night light as well which Is really handy. Quick to charge parent unit and quite nice to look at.
on 9 February 2015
Started off pretty good but has some daft features. The themometer is ok and useful but the tunes it plays certainly wouldn't soothe me or my baby and it would be far too easy to knock the button and blast them with tunes if you have the parent unit attached to the belt. The belt clip is great though. Didn't find it that clear sound wise and the worst feature is that if the parent unit has a low battery, the baby unit starts flashing red. So if your battery runs out as well as beeping and flashing you, your baby gets woken up by a strobe light display. The nail in the coffin for us was that after only 2 months of use the parent unit completely died! And yes this woke our baby up because of the red flashing light in her bedroom! We had it too long to return to amazon and had thrown the box away so couldn't return to manufacturer. We replaced with a BT monitor and although it is more basic it does the main job, of being a monitor, much better than this one did!
on 29 September 2014
Does the job but not as good as the BT 250 I had previously (granted, it stopped working & making a shrill noise I couldn't work out). The Tomy monitor's base unit is fine but I don't like the mobile handset piece for 2 reasons; 1) the light up circle is very bright & my husband & I usually cover it up as it leaves our room in a permanent luminous green glow through the night.WE don't need a nightlight! 2) the hole for the adaptor cable is near the bottom of the handset & destabilises it if it's on charge. Hence, it is prone to toppling over when on charge. There are pros though; it's light, very sensitive & has a nightlight on the base unit that can be dimmed as required. The light is handy whilst settling the baby but I prefer my kids to get used to sleeping in the dark at an early age.
on 25 April 2016
Easy to use, picks up really well I can leave it outside my little boys door and it will still pick up any little sound he makes and I like that it has a night light on each unit, rechargeable batteries and an alarm button for if you lose the parent unit great value for money