on 13 May 2018
I get weary of endless murder mysteries, investigated by a quick thinking inspector with a few quirks, assisted by his plucky but not so bright sergeant...
Mayday is a refreshing change and will keep you guessing. There are no wonderful police, in fact quite the opposite. There is a selection of dysfunctional characters (who did it - or was it done at all?) and just a little mystical ingredients sprinkled in. You'll have to finish the story yourself, of course.
Well worth watching.
on 26 March 2018
A bit laborius and far too long. The entire tale could have been told and portrayed in half the time. There was also a lot of unexplained phenomena such as the stones/pebbles falling from apparently on high! However, it had it's interesting moments and an underlying malevolence that kept you guessing as to the real culprits. I would not recommend to my closest friends, but if you have five hours to kill....go for it!
on 10 April 2015
My favourite suspense serial for many years, thanks partly to the unusual format of broadcasting the whole thing over five consecutive nights, thereby avoiding the usual breaks in the suspense when weekly intervals are used. I would like to see more of this particular format used.serials. My criticism of Mayday is that too many loose threads were left hanging. What happened about the killing of Seth is a particular annoyance. however, I accept this as just part of a fairly baffling mystery, which was plainly intended to leave viewers guessing.
One person found this helpful
on 11 March 2014
I bought this mainly because Peter Firth was in it. The story tends to plod along with a number of suspects but we don't find out the real murderer until the very end and it is impossible to guess who it is. The program is a good character study but I think some of the characters' stories are left unfinished, especially Peter Firth's character. I would recommend this to anyone who likes a murder mystery and/or character-driven stories.
6 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2018
well crafted dram which cranks up the tension.If their is any criticism it is the loose ends which are not picked up.Leila Mimmack as May Queen ,Hattie and sister Caitlin put in a good shift
on 27 April 2018
Good thriller. Worth more than one watch.
on 31 January 2018
Excellent from start to finnish.
on 8 June 2017
Not bad, but I found it disappointing and over-long.
on 2 April 2017
Terrific! Lots of twists and turns and great acting.
on 26 April 2017