Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now George Michael - MTV Replugged Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 26 May 2017
My boyfriend gave me these books (part 1 and 2) to read as he dreamt of cycling around Europe (and eventually the world) but I thought it was just a silly idea. They were the first ever adventure/cycle touring books that I read and, until now, they're my favourite. It completely changed my perspective on travelling the world and motivated me to do something more with my life. Few weeks after finishing it, I bought a bike and all the equipment, and we were off to cycle around Europe for the summer. And I loved it so much we've been on another trip since then and constsntly planning next ones.
It's quite an easy read, the story flows nicely and you won't be able to put it down until you finish. Totally inspirational!
on 26 May 2017
A truly amazing book, to be honest it is a life changing read. It shows what can be achieved in life with vision, determination and the bravery to give things a go. It has inspired me to take up (a lot) smaller adventures. Try this read and other books by Alastair Humphreys. You will don't be disappointed.
on 4 September 2017
Brilliant loved it anyone who likes travel whether a cyclist or not will enjoy this. I just need to find more books by Alistair now!
on 21 October 2017
This is a totally inspirational book. Alastair is a superb writer with a marvellous vocabulary and a talent for describing locations and situations but it's his attitude to life's challenges that I found so inspirational. I was so disappointed to reach the end of the book and wanted it to continue for a second lap of the world.
on 22 April 2017
A great finish to the story of his trip around the world. This book is funny and inspiring. He shows us the highs and lows of an adventure like this, how humanity has its subtleties and culture, but at the core we're all human. Thanks to this book, I have begun making my own plans to have a great adventure.
on 8 March 2017
fantastic read
on 27 May 2017
On a recent long distance solo cycle trip I'd keep this book as a treat for those nights when I felt a little vulnerable alone in the middle of nowhere in my tent. It gave me confidence that wild camping was not only possible but kinda magic.
on 30 June 2008
Enjoyed the first book. Good that this follows on (although it stands alone as a book - you don't have to have read the first volume). It is easy to care for the writer, so its nice to find out what happened to him next.

Once again there is expression of emotion, confidence, doubt etc which is so much better than the boring travelogs of some, who mistakenly think just listing places visited is a story. I hope to read more from this author in the future.
on 27 May 2015
A beautifully written book about an extraordinary journey, taken by an ordinary man. Highly recommended, and even if like me you are an armchair adventurer, an inspirational read.
on 26 August 2017
Honest and fascinating - couldn't put it down! Covers the wonderful, exhilarating side of travel as well as the mundane. An excellent read!!