1,445

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 December 2015
I have been purchasing nappies through Amazon over several years now, and I have never had aproblem with them at all - ever.
The products supplied have always been genuine Pampers, in sealed boxes. Of course, I only go through Amazon, never through any other seller. This way, if anything goes wrong, I can just return it effortlessly.

Compared to the price you normally pay in the supermarkets and other shops for Pampers brand nappies, if you have Prime and Family activated, you recieve 20% off nappies - whch is huge, and adds up quickly. The best way to look at it is pence per nappy. Most of the time, through Amazon, you can get your nappies down to around 10p or 11p per nappy. In a regular shop, you're normally looking at around 15p per nappym depending on size of course. Also, remember to do the calculations, as rounding up and down can fool you !!. For example:

A quick look now, and i see im getting size 5 nappies from Amazon for £15.31 for 144 - so 10.6p per nappy - but Amazon price it at approx 11p per nappy.
Tesco are currently offering a deal on buy 2 lots of nappies (2 x 62 = 124 in total) for £14. So £14 for 124 - 11.29p per nappy - Teco price it at approximately 11p per nappy.

So if you just look at the approx price, it looks identical, but in actual fact there is a difference of 0.69p per nappy - so if you are buying 144 nappies, youd save 99.36p - almost £1, which is around 6% off. NOt a huge amount, but it all adds up, and bearing in mind this is Tescos special offer. Normally they be pricing it at around 15p per nappy, so considerably more. At 15p per nappy, youd be saving substantially, as purchasing 144 nappies would come in at £21.60, instead of the £15.31 Amazon are selling for, saving £6.29 or 29% off the higher price.

Do that every month, and you've saved yourself a tidy sum. Enough for Amazon prime? yes. Enough to pay for Amazon Prime for a year. Which is actually why i started using Amazon Prime. Its such a no brainer..

I can understand why many people are unhappy with being forced to join Prime to buy nappies - noone likes to be forced to do things.....but giving the product 1 star rating because they dont want to join Amazon Prime seems a bit unkind to me, as it looks like the product is bad, wen it clearly isnt in most peoples experiences.

The first time I looked at it, I punched in the numbers, worked out hown often I'd be buying nappies, worked out the average savings, and it came to... more than the cost of Prime. So by getting Prime, I could save some money, and get all the benefits of Prime still. And once you look, there are plenty of things to buy and save on, in Subscribe and Save. All in all, Prime, Amazon Family, and Subscribe and Save, have all saved me considerable amounts of money over the years, and i'd thoroughly recommend everyone to numbercrunch your needs, and see if it can save you a lot too!

Anyways, enough of the financial merits, although it is of course an important point.

The product itself is absolutely fine. I've never had a problem with an entire batch. Of course, the odd one might have the side fasteneings rip when i try and pull on them to put them on, maybe once or twice a year, but once every five hundred or one thousand nappies, i can live with that....

The convenience of having them deliver it regularly is reassuring, and as you know you're getting a massive bargain, it actually feels good to know you are saving money on a top branded item.

I'd highly recommend this product to anyone who has kids still in nappies. I'd highly recommend getting prime for a better deal. With one child, yuo will mostl likely need around 1 box a month, although sometimes you will slowly build up extra nappies, so the odd month you can skip. Amazon make it so easy to do. The only ting to be wary of is that the prices DO CHANGE. SO set an alert on your phone to check your subscribe and save items a day or two before they go out. That way, if you find its gone up to 14p per nappy, you can consider buying a different pack size, or slightly different nappy size that still works for you, to get a better deal, as often several of them are at 11p per nappy.
on 19 March 2015
They're nappies and do what nappies do. Not had any problems with the product - everything our baby has managed to squeeze into them has been successfully contained, but we've not been so neglectful as to try and leave the poor mite in the same nappy for 12 straight hours. What I have a massive, planet-sized problem with is Amazon's new policy of only selling essential baby care items to those who want to part with £80 a year for some rubbish called Prime. Nappies and baby wipes are not luxury items and this tactic stinks of corporate greed. Shame on you.
77 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Pampers nappies may be more expensive especially compared to to supermarket own brands nappies but really are worth it for their higher than average absorbency and quality compared to *some* supermarket alternatives.

At size 3, our baby is more than comfortable with Pampers nappies and whilst I can’t scientifically state that the nappies have prevented nappy rash, our little one has only ever had to occasions of nappy rash and never on his bottom even when he’s had a particular full wet nappy!

Tips
________
If you pay 10-12p for size 3 Pampers Baby Dry then you’ve got a good deal.

Use Amazon’s Subscribe & Save (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AR9HX4U) and you will get a slightly cheaper price. Don’t continue the subscription after the first box arrives unless you’re confident you’re going to need that many - Trust me when I say you should cancel after the first big box otherwise you can end up with too many - nullifying your savings!
on 12 April 2015
I was a loyal Amazon customer for years and now they have lost yet another customer (I would have purchased for many years to come so they obviously didn't have their thinking hats on by making this new rule!) as I will not be blackmailed into joining amazon prime to get these nappies again! They have lost a huge amount of mothers as customers already and more will follow and buy elsewhere!
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 March 2016
Great value for money at 10p a nappy - my son sometimes sleeps 13 hours in the same nappy (overnight) and he hasn't had nappy rash at all (he's nearly 8 months and we have used pampers since he was born).
Buying from the supermarket I probably would have swapped down to the own brand ones when he was ready for size 4s as they were marginally cheaper however reviews of Aldi nappies (which seem to be considered the best own brand ones) were that size 4s were prone for leaking and not great for overnight use. I haven't yet had a size 4 pampers nappy leak so no complaints.
on 22 December 2014
I have been buying these nappies from Amazon for well over a year and never had any problems, but it seems just recently the quality has plummeted. They do not keep my baby dry at all, and after just an hour of wear they are soaking through. The supermarket is the way Togo to guarantee quality I'm afraid.
on 16 April 2015
Like others leaving reviews here I was happy ordering these nappies for my child. They fit well and rarely leak. But now amazon have gotten greedy and you must have prime membership to order nappies. Sorry amzon, but I wont be bullied into spending £79 on something I dont need. Also, my french friend has assured me that amazon prime costs about 11 euros in France. What a rip off in the UK.
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 May 2015
As others have said not being forced to join Amazon Prime to make a purchase. Hopefully the volume of complaints will help Amazon realize this was a bad idea.
on 14 March 2016
Great nappies. Non bulky and very absorbent. No leaks with these even after overnight use. As far as I can tell my baby is clean, dry and comfortable in these. Good strong, adjustable tapes to secure nappy. Stretchy sides allow nappy to flex with my baby's movement ensuring a comfortable fit. Contains poo very well. Only the biggest, runniest poos escape. Have tried large variety of brands and store own nappies sometimes after recommendation from other people and didn't like them anywhere near as much as these. These were far superior for bulk, wet and dry, absorption, leak protection and containment of poo, and overall fit and comfort for my baby. The only ones that came close were Aldi's own Mammia range but are slightly more bulky than Pampers. Get these delivered with subscribe and save which makes them much more affordable better value for money.Will definitely be sticking with this brand.

Been buying these from Amazon for over a year now and I've never experienced any of the problems of a bad batch that some people seem to be complaining about. Perhaps this problem had now been sorted.
on 12 April 2015
Good product but I am outraged that I must now purchase Amazon Prime if I want to continue to buy these nappies. Poor show Amazon and a great example of corporate greed. Disgusted.