Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 April 2017
I do have to say that i am a fan of the legacy editions of Elvis albums, even though i read quite a few
knocks about the quality. That may be true or not depending on your personal view. The quallity for
me, is more than acceptable and i would recommend this album.
on 22 April 2013
I reviewed the cd of the Aloha main show some time ago and expressed my disappointment with it. Anyway I bought this 2013 release thinking there might have been an improvement in the sound. I have to say really that overall there isn't a huge difference. I always felt that Elvis was in very weak voice for these concerts. Perhaps it was nerves or the fact that his fast weight loss (down to 168lbs) had taken a lot out of him, I don't know. Compare this to the '68 TV Special, the '69 and '70 Vegas shows and you'll see what I mean. The '72 Madison Sq GD set is actually far superior. Personally the only half decent performance on this I would argue is Welcome to My World. Had this been released as a single it would have been a UK number 1. Overall though this is hardly an essential purchase.
on 21 December 2015
This is the go get to cd for these two world famous satellit shows. It is great to have both shows as there are songs on both that are not on the other, and the songs that are on both are sometimes a little different on each, so you need both to get the best versions of all the songs. And this also comes with a nice little booklet and the remastering of the rehearsal show is way better then everything we have had before.
on 12 June 2016
Love having both concerts since I find many songs being better on the rehearsal show. Now I don't have to watch the DVD to swap between the 2. Iconic Preformances and Elvis voice is strong showing again who's The King!
on 26 March 2013
So thrilled to get this in CD after loving the album. It really is the best of Elvis from the show, which was beamed live throughout the world in 1973.
on 19 April 2013
very good product well presented & packaged , purchased for my wife who must have just about every thing Elvis ever recorded by now, however this particular set has considerable historic significance and as such makes a very good addition to her collection.
Delivery was extremely prompt and efficient , thank you.
on 14 September 2013
What more can I say. My husband is a huge fan of Elvis and just loved it. Plays it often
on 8 April 2013
I purchased this albumfor my mum as a mother's day gift which she thinks is fantastic. She also has got the LP version which she purchased all the way back in 1973, so i thought it would be a great idea to update it with this album.
33 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 February 2014
This is the first in the Legacy Series which has come into mycollection, having received it as a birthday gift and I was extremely impressed with it. The dress rehearsal concert I had never heard before and I found it excellent, though I felt that it would have been better to have had that on the first CD, given that Elvis specifically announces that the concert via satellite is an event yet to follow. Tracks on both concerts which stood out for me are Steamroller Blues, It's Over and American Trilogy for which Elvis receives a standing ovation. Well worth buying!
on 20 April 2013
I was so thrilled when i first heard that this was coming out, mainly because as well as the broadcast concert (Jan 14th), the dress rehersal concert (Jan 12th) was going to be part of this, which has never been released before on CD before. The day i got it, i immediatly played Steamroller Blues from the Jan 12th concert and the sound was/is brilliant. I actually think the sound on both these discs is better then what is on the Aloha From Hawaii 2 Disc DVD set. You can hear everything more clearly, the band, the orchestra. Im very pleased with this and im so glad that the Jan 12th concert is included in this, originally when i first this was coming out, i thought it would just be the Jan 14th concert x2 discs, one with the original sound from when it first came out in '73, then the other with digitally remastered sound.
As for delivery, ordered it on the 16th march, arrived on the 20th which was really good. Next thing they have to release on CD, along with A LOT of bonus tracks, is Elvis on Tour. That i really would like to see happen as im sure a lot of Elvis fans would.