on 14 May 2017
Connoisseurs of modern fusion will also love this set.Good variety with personal favourites being all the Donald Byrd anthems especially "Change..";Ronnie Laws(Every Generation) topped by Bobbie Humphrey (Chicago Damn) exhilarating flute masterwork and arrangements by magical Mizelles ...and incredible Maze/Frankie Beverley(Look At California)
on 26 April 2017
Great music from a great era. Excellent selection by the compilers.
on 6 April 2013
3 CDs of good quality jazz funk - for only £5! The blurb says this is an introduction to the genre. Personally I think this is more for afficiandos with Bitter Suite being a better introduction for those new to the music. Listening to the tracks took me back to my days of clubbing in 1977/78 at Crackers and the like. Ah, those were the days.
I had many of the tracks, but by no means all and can thank the CD for introducing me to Bobbi Humphrey who, for some reason, had passed me by 'back in the day'.
For £5 you can't go wrong. Whether a newby or - like me an oldby - buy it.
on 8 September 2013
Some excellent Jazz Funk Classics on this album to bring you back to the days of 100 club and some of those great clubs we vacated
on 20 April 2013
I Love this collection, so many great Jazz Funk songs at a great price. Great sound quality too. I will be purchasing others in the ''Beginners Guide'' collection.
VINE VOICEon 10 April 2013
I agree with others that this is not a beginners guide but is in fact a quite wide ranging set of tunes in the genre. It is fantastic value for money and the label deserves to sell many thousands of copies.
on 18 April 2013
a lot of great tracks on here, because a lot of my vinyl wont transfer to mp3, so the next best thing buy the cd, top jazz-funk tracks on here
on 6 April 2013
had some tracks I hadn't heard in a while & brought back some great memories. great value for money 3 cds
on 9 April 2013
I must echo the comments of the others who have rated this box set so far, a great package for a fiver and it restores loads of memories, although in truth I do play most of these tracks on a weekly basis even before I got the set, it is still nice to fill in some blanks. GO FOR IT!!!
on 4 August 2013
This is a superb album for £5. If you love Jazz funk you will love this. There are a couple of naff tracks but for fiver what more do you want?