Customer reviews

Price:£4.49

on 11 November 2017
great read
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 November 2014
It's a testimony to the rancorous state of free speech in Britain and the West that anyone such as Pat actually speaking his mind is classed as a bit of a nutter, or that he has far right tendencies. Rubbish. I recently escaped from 30 years of politically correct institutionalisation in a UK police force and I can tell you so much of Pat's writing is true. Every year when Ramadan came around we were given specific and detailed 'advice' as cops about treatment of muslims. No planned arrests during Ramadan fasting ( even recently during the mass child abuse cases would you believe, as if they hadn't learnt a thing as to why it happened in the first place), no eating in front of muslim colleagues (that was actually muslim colleague singular because there was only one - so despite there being a team of almost 40 in our department NONE of us could eat at our desks 'in case' it offended one colleague, who, it must be said, wasn't the least bit religious and didn't care at all.) We were even given a few Arabic phrases to learn and use when we met muslims. Why? We were never given Urdu phrases, Hebrew phrases, Polish phrases, despite there being plenty of them. Sure, we were told not to make planned arrests on Christmas Day, but please, that's ONE day, not a whole month.
Yes we are all falling for this islamophilia and when you stand up and object you are classed as a nutter. My wife even asked me not to post such things of social media in case we get our windows put in, or worse. What the hell is happening to our freedom?!
Carry on Pat, keep it up, because no-one else has the balls to do it.
www.jonathannicholas.org.uk
22 Comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2015
Having seen Pat voicing his views on YouTube and finding myself concurring with many of them, I decided to purchase this book of his transcripts. I agree with Pat as I've said, but sometimes I find his strident voice a little bit much after a while so reading the book was a good way to avoid paracetamol (sorry Pat). I literally laughed out loud whilst reading on quite a few occasions; a book that does that to you is worth a purchase in my eyes.

I was particularly impressed with his findings on Surah al-Kaafiroon, he states that in this verse God says that you have your beliefs, I have mine, to me my religion and to you, yours (I'm paraphrasing obviously). He concludes that God foresaw that not everyone would thus embrace Islam and was fine with this, thus to convert everyone would be blasphemy as it would negate the need for the Surah. Genius.

Anjem Choudhary - he likes to call him 'Andy' (I prefer 'Anjie' myself) - is subjected to a Spitting Image-type satirisation that wipes the floor with the vile specimen. Again - another laugh out loud moment or two.

This book isn't just a dig at Islam alone; Christianity, in particular Catholicism, is torn apart by Pat who doesn't want to ban religious belief but merely lessen its impact on non-takers, thank you very much. Others under scrutiny include certain Scandinavian countries, the Guardian/Guardianistas, left-leaning liberals, multiculturalists and Hamas. So, plenty of ears burning worldwide, then.

I'm not a fan of politics but thankfully his ventures into that murky world are not too heavy. Each discourse (or rant, if you will) is never any longer than three pages or thereabouts. If you like him on YouTube then you'll enjoy Freedom Is My Religion.
on 19 January 2017
I've only read a couple of articles in this volume so far, but have watched many of the videos. As with the other book it is thought-provooking and often witty, I don't agree with everything he writes/says by any means (although I do agree with a fair proportion of it, but they are definitiely views that need to be aired. HIs background, according to what he says himself, appears to be "Labour" (or at least "left wing" generally), which is definitiely not my background; "left wing" and "socialism" have proven themselves over decades to produce misery for those they profess to help, a big con., I am more "Conservative", but dislike "UKIP" intensely, and he seems to share some of their views too, which seems really strange. Still, it's good to learn about other viewpoints.
on 22 August 2017
This is a fun book to read, even though Condell's subject matter is about quite serious issues. Perhaps most appealing to open minded critical thinkers rather than no nothing, do nothing (useful) do gooders. Of course I do not mean people that really do things that benefit society as a whole only the ones that do things that actually harm society as a whole. You know the ones who scream racist bigot at anyone who disagrees with their
mainstream media propaganda view of life, society, people, the flat earth, the universe and everything in it.

Condal's unique humorous style and way with words makes for very entertaining reading. I keep the book to hand and read one or a few rants as and when the feeling takes my fancy.
A man who has the guts to speak up for common sense.

If anyone does not tow the politically correct line, they are deemed "nutters" or "racists" what total rubbish.

30 years of political correctness, has got us to the point where people are AFRAID to speak the truth and where those that voice their opinion and that of a majority, are threatened with prosecution.

I wish I had the courage of Pat Condell.

Maybe one day people will wake up and realise that our political correctness is a case of trying to appease those that can't be appeased!!!
on 30 August 2014
Pat Condell's delivery style - confrontational stand up comedian - puts some people off his message, but his arguments for freedom and against repressive regimes and idelologies are powerful. I hope he continues to speak his mind, and that freedom can become everyone's religion.
on 18 January 2015
Pat Condell is one of the very few people in this country who really understands what's going on around us and is not afraid to voice it, more people should listen to what he has to say. I highly recommend this book and his youtube channel.
on 2 August 2013
Pat Condell is a man who speaks not only his mind but also his heart with incisive and direct language rarely seen in todays PC liberal dominated media. His thought are not only clear but funny with the humour coming straight out of the page to make you laugh and think for yourself. His youtube videos are the stuff of legend...watch a few before you buy this book and see what's in store, you will not be disappointed.
on 11 July 2015
As important as it is coherent and insightful, yes Pat at his very best . I dare you to read and not agree.