Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 31 October 2013
A first class entertainment package with all emotions enclosed within a well written series. Ruth Jones displays how talented she is and has given us such good entertainment,and can't wait for her next project
on 4 June 2014
I stumbled across Stella series 3 on Sky Living and after watching two episodes immediately ordered series 1&2. The series is really great to watch - the characters are all very entertaining and the stories genuinely funny. I really love programmes where you care about and like the characters a great deal and that's definitely the case with Stella. I defy you not to find yourself calling your loved ones "presh" or the more sarcastic "good boy" or "good girl".

My husband pretended not to like it, but then kept saying - oh shall we watch another one then? And I sent my mum off to Australia with the box set - she watched it with my auntie and it's now doing the rounds of Western Australia. I've had to order another one as I don't think I'll ever see my original again.
on 29 April 2014
I bought this as a treat for myself so glad i did. What a great series i am now going to buy series 3 after watching 1and 2. I laughed so much at the characters which seemed to be perfect for their parts. You can't help but get involved with them they were brilliant Ruth Jones is so good and true to life. I watched the whole series in a few days as it was so good i wanted to know what was going to happen next can't praise it enough well worth the money if you want a laugh buy this.
on 24 March 2014
We didn't get to see Stella the first time round as we do not have Sky tv
but as we are big fans of Ruth Jones we ordered series 1 and 2 .We are now addicted to Stella
and had to try and ration ourselves from watching too many episodes at once.We are now waiting
for series 3 on pre order. Stella's adventures are compulsive viewing She is as far removed from Ness
in Gavin and Stacey as it is possible to be .A single Mum in a small welsh community trying to cope
with life and keeping her family together.A warm hearted comedy with lots of wonderful characters.
on 5 June 2014
Bought this as a gift for my fellow Welsh pal as she doesn't have access to Sky. She's up to episode 4, series one and is absolutely loving it! Being Welsh ourselves, we can really relate to a lot of the content but numerous friends from elsewhere also love it. Great story lines, credible characters and all round really great drama - can't recommend it too highly.
on 9 January 2014
Brilliant series, both 1 and 2 are really good. Bought these for gifts as we already have the set. Can't wait for series 3
on 11 August 2017
I am really enjoying this fun series of ` Stella`.
It is really worth watching!
It`s 5 stars from me ;)
on 23 October 2014
When I saw Stella was to be televised, I could not wait to watch it. Then found out it was only bewing shown on Sky. Did not have this facility at the tiem but now our Virgin Vito box can get the Sky signal, we have watched Series 3 and wanted to catch up on Series 1 & 2. Brilliant show, great acting and so down to earth.
on 24 May 2013
Loved it. As an ex-pat Welsh person, I realized how much I missed Wales. The scenery was wonderful, and seeing the patchwork of terraced houses on the hills, made me long to go home! The characters developed as the series progressed. Each character has a definite part to play in the success of the series. This was a series, like Gavin and Stacey, that portrayed the Welsh people as they really are ....loving, funny, happy, family and community orientated.

I can't wait to watch series three.
on 8 December 2013
I suppose being Welsh means there are certain phrases only the Welsh will understand like 'cwtch' and 'presh' but Ruth Jones brings the characters to life with a humour all can understand and laugh with. All the characters are brilliant with a interesting depth to each one. Can't wait for series 3. PS Dadda isn't really speaking Welsh.