on 29 August 2014
Received fast, seems well made and good quality. It's a reasonable fit for the Surface Pro 3 + type cover. Fits almost exactly across the long axis of the tablet, but there is a gap of about 10mm either side on the short axis, so the tablet could potentially slide around a bit in transit. The elasticated strap helps keep things in place, but the velcro is starting to come off already after a couple of days use so will need sewing back on.
The pouch in the top half of the case is very useful, and the new smaller power brick for the SP3 fits in nicely (the part which connects tablet to brick, not the other half which goes into the wall outlet), plus display adapter and a small USB hub. The downside is that this makes the whole thing a bit bulky but I think that is the payoff for a more robust case.
on 9 November 2014
I had one of these DuraGadget cases for my original surface pro and really liked it, so as soon as I upgraded to the pro 3 I knew which case I was going to buy.

While this case is still substantially the same as the pro '1' version, unfortunately there are a couple of little niggles that slightly detract from the great experience of my original pro '1' DuraGadget case, although one good change as well...

The good:

o There is now an elasticated loop to hold the pen in place. In my originally pro '1' version, there was nothing to hold the pen so it just knocked around in the netting and often fell out when opening. So this simple little bit of elastic is a great addition!

The not-so-good:

o There's around 1 inch of extra height top/bottom of the unit which allows the unit to slide around significantly! It also means the case is bigger then it needs to be. Either way isn't great for a case that's for transporting what's supposed to be a portable tablet PC. (and bearing in mind this case claims to be made specifically for this unit, so that extra space is not great!). Width-wise there's still some unnecessary space, but in this direction on around 1/4 of an inch, so not quite so excessive.

o Similarly the case seems to be far deeper than necessary for the unit. OK, I haven't got the keyboard cover to know for sure, but it feels like an excessive amount of depth; I can't believe the microsoft keyboard covers are going to the _that_ chunky. I can fit a chunky 200+ page paper back book in the netted compartment along with the Surface pro 3 in at the same time and it's only just starting to bulge slightly. No problem closing the zip at all. As I have it without the keyboard, (and without the paper back book) the case presses in a fair bit if you squeeze it in the middle. Considering one of the amazing features of the pro '3' is its incredibly slim design, it kind of defeats that benefit when the case is so deep. I haven't measured it, but it feels deeper than the pro 1 case even though the pro 3 itself is a slimmer unit!

o The elastic that velcros together to hold the unit in, is less substantial than in the original DuraGadget case I had for the pro '1'.

Summary

Overall though it is still a semi-hard case that does still provide some reasonably good protection when putting the unit in a bag in amongst other things that would otherwise knock and scratch the pro '3' unit.

Overall I do still like the case, although just not quite as enthusiastically as the original pro 1 case because of it being a bit oversized.

I might yet see if I can fix a foam or rubber stopper to prevent the unit sliding around, but even so, it's slightly disappointing that the case is around an inch taller than it needs to be, particularly when it claims to be designed specifically, and only, for the pro 3!. The pro 3 is already fairly tall and wide for a tablet, so adding another unnecessary inch to the case is disappointing.

The big depth does allow more to be carried (but still not the mains adaptor with a UK plug); keep in mind that anything you do put in it will be pressing against your surface pro 3's screen with only a thin net for protection which won't prevent scratches or dents if you put anything rough or sharp in there! Pretty much for papers and books only.
on 27 November 2015
My entire office in one case - just what I was looking for. After dropping and smashing my Surface pro in the previous case I was looking for something more robust. The Duragadget provides the extra protection I was looking plus more... I use the case as a laptop stand, to raise the height of the screen and angle the keyboard. I keep my large Moleskine notebook in the pocket, which leaves just enough room beside for my Surface mouse plus a pen. There is also an elasticated loop in which to keep your Surface pen. Would highly recommend.
on 25 March 2017
Product arrived before expected and the case was better than expected with quite a tough outer exterior.
Except... the internal dimensions are too small for my surface 3 and the zip was straining to close. It certainly doesn't close with an attached keyboard.
I contacted the seller on the email provided with the package for either a refund or replacement and got no reply. There is no return address so I now own a case that does not do what was described. AVOID THIS SELLER
on 11 October 2016
Not only did the case arrive quickly buy my SurfacePro 4 fit perfectly! I love the case. It seems to be very durable for travelling like I had hoped. I like the strap for holding it in place as well. This was a great purchase!
on 2 November 2014
Seller gives the impression they're UK based but the item came from eastern Europe. First one got lost and then after a lot of confusion over they'd sent a replacement or not the second on finally arrived. product is ok and will be fine protecting my surface when traveling. there is a pocket on the inside but putting your charger in there (if it fits) will mean a scratched surface.
on 30 January 2015
This case fits the Surface Pro 3 very well. The Velcro strap holds the machine in place and I use the mesh container in the lid to store the stylus. I carry the whole lot in another bag and it protects the machine very well. No room in there for the power brick or the power cable, hence the other bag, but worth the money to protect the Surface.
on 17 August 2017
Its okay but the corners of the keypad are getting rubbed by the zip. There is no where for the pen to be held so when its in the pocket if the cover gets pressed or leant on the pen may break the screen
on 19 December 2014
very good value hard case, fits the surface pro 3 well with some room to spare, this means things can fit in the net area of the case without issue. the other possibility this adds is there is enough room to add padding should you require it as this is a hard(ish) shell with no padding. for my use it works a treat.
on 1 May 2015
This case is very good. It is rubust but is so light weight. The pocket inside is just right to hold several small items such as leads and I've got a small card reader which goes in easily. However it is not big enough to take the charger especially with an English 13amp plug.